Page 1 of 1

Something New

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:23 pm
by Jay Criswell
So Bob wanted some new posted. How about this?


Image

Image

Image

I'm really starting to get sick of working on gearboxes. Need 150 for the Baldwin Center Cab Project and have about 175 ready. Always make extras. If not used on this project they can be used for projects that have been sitting here way too long.

Image

Image



Jay

Re: Something New

Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:49 pm
by RDSRR
That's one heck of a project.

Re: Something New

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:54 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Impressive! Must be a lot of work going forward into these projects.

Re: Something New

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm
by R.K. Maroon
Jay, I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear that you would be providing the drives for the centercabs. Obtaining a Houlemard-era CLW model and having a locomotive with one of your drives installed were both on my wish list, and now I get both in one iconic model.

But, yes, I am sure you must get getting tired of assembling gearboxes. I hope your redesign from a couple of years back has paid off though in regards to streamlining the assembly.

Jim

Re: Something New

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:55 am
by up148
Yep, this is good news. And good to know there are some quality people involved in this project.

Re: Something New

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 pm
by Jay Criswell
Jim & Butch,

Thanks! Hope I can live up to the hype.

Jay

Re: Something New

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:07 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
up148 wrote:And good to know there are some quality people involved in this project.


Yes, there seems a good solid group involved.

Re: Something New

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:19 pm
by Chris Rock
These are some great shots. Making these things work from the ground up has to be very satisfying.

Re: Something New

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:44 pm
by Jay Criswell
Chris,

Yes, it is, when it works out. When it doesn't, not so much.

Jay