Page 1 of 2

Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 pm
by De Bruin
https://adirondackcarfoundry.square.sit ... cst=custom
According to Wiki the Thousand Island Railway was a short line (as in around 5 km eventually taken over by the GT/CN hence the paint job on the preserved example still extant.) One of a plethora of such short lines in Ontario albeit this one not a former interurban.
Pretty neat looking little unit and certainly practical for space constrained switching layout.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:52 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Wasn't Adirondack Car & Foundry Ed Reutling's label?

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:28 pm
by E7
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Wasn't Adirondack Car & Foundry Ed Reutling's label?


Yes!

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:11 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Wasn't Adirondack Car & Foundry Ed Reutling's label?


Yes!


So, who is this guy fronting Adirondack Car & Foundry then?

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:19 pm
by E7
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Wasn't Adirondack Car & Foundry Ed Reutling's label?


Yes!


So, who is this guy fronting Adirondack Car & Foundry then?


No idea! Ed had a buddy name of Bill Ramey that worked with him, and I think he had a son, but I have no info. regarding this.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:38 pm
by E7
Might want to check below:

Chris Cardinal
www/facebook.com/ADKrail

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:24 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:
Yes!


So, who is this guy fronting Adirondack Car & Foundry then?


No idea! Ed had a buddy name of Bill Ramey that worked with him, and I think he had a son, but I have no info. regarding this.


Yes, same as what I know.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:25 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:Might want to check below:

Chris Cardinal
www/facebook.com/ADKrail



Tried until Facebook kicked me out, :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:42 pm
by webenda
Not new information, post deleted.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:03 pm
by RDSRR
Ed build that engine from a kit that was published in RMC many years ago made by a Canadian company. Ed sent me the article when I bough his engine. I made a few changes but most id Ed's work.
Image

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:Might want to check below:

Chris Cardinal
www/facebook.com/ADKrail



Tried until Facebook kicked me out, :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did you see this?


That and the info on the web site, yes.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:56 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
RDSRR wrote:Ed build that engine from a kit that was published in RMC many years ago made by a Canadian company. Ed sent me the article when I bough his engine. I made a few changes but most id Ed's work.


Vaguely remember that from Ed. Really do like the small locos....................

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:45 am
by E7
On the idea, better to hear it two times than zero, Rich Yoder did a nice little industrial diesel, and the late Lee Snover did one that (I think) was a tad larger. Guessing the Yoder version would be the easier of the two to find. The engine we are discussing here appears that it would "dwarf" the Yoder.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:58 pm
by up148
Just clicked on the "ADK" logo for sh*ts & grins and it took me to their website that offers this loco, plus a 3/4" gauge car and (2) kinds of 3-1/2" gauge trucks. Still no company info.

Re: Interesting new "critter" coming out.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:49 am
by herronpeter
I have some of Adirondack Car and Foundry’s log cars. They are actually a bit too long for my tight radii curves and I should sell them. Any idea what they might be worth? I cannot remember what I paid for them, sigh.......

Peter