Roller display case

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Roller display case

Postby up148 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:16 pm

So I don't reinvent the wheel. Is anyone aware of a loco display case or track that would allow a person to run a loco in place? I have a decades old Precision Mfg test track purchased from the old gentlemen in TX, but I won't modify it. I remember some display cases like this back in the 90's, but I didn't really pay much attention to them and haven't seem anything for decades. I need a ten coupled test track and I can build the rest.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Roller display case

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 pm

I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: Roller display case

Postby up148 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:45 am

Thanks Robert, I appreciate your finding these. I bought some of these yesterday after viewing the video below. I believe it's a very good starting point and I can improve on the design for a 2R stand. I have to say, I'm impressed with the "Vision Legacy" BigBoy running on it, but for $4000+ it better be impressive. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_M8tKMZkTI


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests