Page 1 of 1
Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:24 pm
by ScaleCraft
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Two-Ra ... 3058944797Looks literally new. Wheels clean, no corrosion anywhere.
If I needed another, fifty bucks looks good to me.
Opinion.
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:50 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Someone agreed with you and bid on it......
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:39 pm
by ScaleCraft
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Someone agreed with you and bid on it......
Probably because I mentioned it here on Model Train Journal!
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:07 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Someone agreed with you and bid on it......
Probably because I mentioned it here on Model Train Journal!
Probably not. Lots of people watching the stuff from the Neill auction that has ended up on eBay.
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:11 pm
by bob turner
If it came from Neill, it has since been bead-blasted. True Adams version was brass.
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 pm
by ScaleCraft
bob turner wrote:If it came from Neill, it has since been bead-blasted. True Adams version was brass.
Who made the General Models long tender? Mine is just like that one, aluminum, but mine has a wood floor.
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:26 pm
by bob turner
I am sure Adams cast all of this stuff. Most of their work went to others, but there were occasional castings that had the Adams logo cast in. GM got aluminum tenders, boilers, sideframes, etc. CLW also got tenders, boilers, etc - Maroon can tell us about the Diesels.
There were other foundries - Icken used French sand - but I don't know who they were.
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:50 pm
by ScaleCraft
bob turner wrote:I am sure Adams cast all of this stuff. Most of their work went to others, but there were occasional castings that had the Adams logo cast in. GM got aluminum tenders, boilers, sideframes, etc. CLW also got tenders, boilers, etc - Maroon can tell us about the Diesels.
There were other foundries - Icken used French sand - but I don't know who they were.
So A&S tenders can be aluminum?
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:05 pm
by bob turner
Yes. The mold is the same; it's just what you pour into the mold. Brass is more expensive.
Mr. Poplar is indeed selling parts of Steve's estate. I will be watching. He also has another collection with some very nice box cars.
Re: Nice A&S cast 12-wheel tender
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
bob turner wrote:If it came from Neill, it has since been bead-blasted. True Adams version was brass.
Highly unlikely; that seller spends zero time cleaning or refurbishing anything and rushes to re-sell w/o delays.