Page 1 of 1

For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:06 pm
by ScaleCraft
https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Two-Ra ... 3058944819

Gilmaur U-boat kit...no trucks or sideframes or gearboxes or motors.

Is that etched brass?

Can't imagine trying to solder that and keep the solder out of the etched details...

Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:35 pm
by De Bruin
I wish I had the resistance soldiering skills to take one of these on. Yeah thin etched brass that requires some internal cross bracing to boot.
I especially like the Gilmaur SW-1500 kit too.

Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:49 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Those kits generally sell quite well. I suspect that what's holding this one back is a lack of surety on completeness.

Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:19 am
by Chris Webster
ScaleCraft wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Two-Rail-Brass-Gilmaur-U33C-U36C-Diesel-Locomotive-Kit-596785/393058944819

Gilmaur U-boat kit...no trucks or sideframes or gearboxes or motors.

FYI, 108spoplar is reselling many of the items that bought at the December 10 Stout Auction of Stephen Neill's collection. Stout sold a Pair Of Gilmaur O Scale Two Rail Brass Pair Of U33C / U36C Diesel Locomotive Kits for $180, *plus* buyer's premium, taxes and shipping. I just don't see how 108spoplar will be making any money by reselling one of them for $99.

De Bruin wrote:I especially like the Gilmaur SW-1500 kit too.

Stout sold one of those (Gilmaur O Scale Brass SW1500 Switcher Kit) for $325, *plus* buyer's premium, taxes and shipping.

Re: For Pete....or Bob...or Maroon

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:40 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Chris Webster wrote: I just don't see how 108spoplar will be making any money by reselling one of them for $99.


Hard to understand what goes on in the minds of some sellers, and all too frequently not worth the effort necessary either.