Price is good enough at ten bucks.
I have one.
You've never lived until you put it on three rail track, turn the power up...and up...and nothing.
Scratch your head, then give it a push.
The silly thing takes off on a land-speed record run, and first curve, it launches itself into the chasm.
Armature is the axle. Commutator is the copper strips embedded in the treads of the wheels on same axle.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-O-Scale-El ... 3319054346
General Models Mac Handcar
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
General Models Mac Handcar
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: General Models Mac Handcar
ScaleCraft wrote:Price is good enough at ten bucks.
Yes I think that is what we paid at the All Nation Hobbies Shop in the Loop in Chicago in 1970 for their GMC single truck, single door, Birney with the exact same chassis, I only vaguely recall they did a hand car/speeder version of it, which of course was not as appealing as a trolley to us at the time.
ScaleCraft wrote:You've never lived until you put it on three rail track, turn the power up...and up...and nothing.
Scratch your head, then give it a push....The silly thing takes off on a land-speed record run, and first curve, it launches itself into the chasm.
LMAO-Yes! they only apparently had one speed and too boot had to be pushed to actually run
ScaleCraft wrote:Armature is the axle. Commutator is the copper strips embedded in the treads of the wheels on same axle.
I seemed to recall after our trip to Chicago brother Jim running this contraption by my ME Dad and he identified it as "Rhesus Motor."
A very squirrely and cheap design.
ScaleCraft wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-O-Scale-Electric-Gang-Car-Vintage-Toy-Train-Car/353319054346
Another relic of All Nation Empire, and obscure at that, thanks for posting, I still have the Birney car body and may still actually have that same chassis in my O27 cache.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: General Models Mac Handcar
De Bruin wrote:[
Another relic of All Nation Empire, and obscure at that, thanks for posting, I still have the Birney car body and may still actually have that same chassis in my O27 cache.
I have the trolley chassis. Different design. Have the shell. There appears to be a plate between that is missing.
Dave....gone by invitation
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 84 guests
