Page 1 of 1

I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:49 am
by up148

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:36 am
by E7
I've never seen one of them decorated for UP, but I'm fairly sure Overland made a version. I don't recall if they were powered or not. They never particularly appealed to me (the old beauty is in the eye of the beholder thing) so I don't remember that much about them. I don't recall ever seeing one in other than bare brass. I think the rule of thumb is, they're ubiquitous until you want to buy one! :lol: :lol: :lol: There was a name attached to the model (the type/maker name of the plow), but being a victim of CRS, I don't have a clue what it was! I think OMI called them Jordan spreaders.

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:54 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Looks like a tricked out and rebuilt IMP product.

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:20 pm
by ScaleCraft
Surprised to see it powered. Usually (in fact, every one I've ever seen or researched) has been a shove platform.
Also, you don't see railroads often place name, logos, all that on surfaces subject to abrasion, like snow, fallen trees, ballast.
I really like the wiring job. Geez. Didn't even try to insulate the joint, and it appears no solder, either.
Field-wound motor. See last two photos. Not seeing a rectumfrier. Or a hand reverse.

Coupler on the "back".....no bracing, no beam, just the coupler box attached to the vertical sheet, right in the middle.
Good thing not much chance of actually plowing snow in 0.

The side door and side cupola windows look like afterthoughts....sort of like those toy friction automobiles out of Japan.

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:39 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:The side door and side cupola windows look like afterthoughts....sort of like those toy friction automobiles out of Japan.


Hence my thinking it may have started out as an IMP product.

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:06 pm
by up148
My thoughts were the drive dates it as very early something.

Re: I've never seen one of these for sale.

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:01 pm
by Dennis Holler
Looks like it is already sold... I feel like I've seen something like that on the bay before, maybe in kit form and poorly assembled.