General Models trolleys. I have one.
18 bodies, 27 chassis, none tested, various condition.
$200?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Models ... 4341950492
Some of those are really, really rough, Whole ends about gone.
Reminds me of the Yellow and Red cars stacked on Terminal Island for scrapping.
$20?
Amazing
Re: Amazing
This IS weird. Of course the models themselves were weird too with that primitive rhesus motor etc.
Nice plastic carbodies though. I've seen examples that were hyper-detailed as well as kit-bashed 2 into one 1 to make a longer double truck Birney.
That chassis though mmmm....yeah junk. I still have one somewhere in the traction larder.
I know that Terminal Island photo you refer to well, as I recall it's one of the last pictures in Spencer Crump's "Ride The Big Red Cars."
Sad.
Nice plastic carbodies though. I've seen examples that were hyper-detailed as well as kit-bashed 2 into one 1 to make a longer double truck Birney.
That chassis though mmmm....yeah junk. I still have one somewhere in the traction larder.
I know that Terminal Island photo you refer to well, as I recall it's one of the last pictures in Spencer Crump's "Ride The Big Red Cars."
Sad.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Amazing
I grew up around LARy and PE, remember Terminal Island off Long Beach...and I have the Crump book!
Dave....gone by invitation
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Amazing
Not worth the electrons to look at it.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Amazing
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Not worth the electrons to look at it.
Aw comon, they're genuine plastic!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Amazing
E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Not worth the electrons to look at it.
Aw comon, they're genuine plastic!
Sell them to Dustin Hoffman.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Amazing
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Not worth the electrons to look at it.
Aw comon, they're genuine plastic!
Sell them to Dustin Hoffman.
I don't htink he would actually buy them.....he was just acting dumb in that Rain Man movie!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Amazing
E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:E7 wrote:
Aw comon, they're genuine plastic!
Sell them to Dustin Hoffman.
I don't htink he would actually buy them.....he was just acting dumb in that Rain Man movie!
The Graduate would - one word, "plastics".
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Amazing
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:E7 wrote:Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
Sell them to Dustin Hoffman.
I don't htink he would actually buy them.....he was just acting dumb in that Rain Man movie!
The Graduate would - one word, "plastics".
One of the films I have never managed to view for one reason or another, thus my ignorance of the connection! My bad, your good!
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests
