Page 1 of 1

Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:52 pm
by ScaleCraft
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Locomotive-Wor ... 2943425321

Lorenzen, Pioneer Zephyr. Six bills. No photo of power truck (if any).
Somebody needs that, but not me!

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:58 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote: No photo of power truck (if any).


Yeah............"Lead unit with a geared K-Line truck (can't tell if it's powered),"

Not helpful information to anyone - 3 rail drive truck with scale wheels in the other trucks? One photo would make this listing so much better.

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:37 pm
by De Bruin
Agree, why spend $600+ on an un-powered set like this? I seem to recall one of these on E-Bay not too long ago, that was both more finished and powered, for less. It might be the same one Carry posted on OGR a few months ago.
I like these a lot despite their "LWSish-ness" ( or maybe I like them because of it :lol: ) Especially like that it has the added car, to me the big challenge would be how to add that raised headlight sconce housing the mars light these got after the war.
Thanks for posting this. Very cool.

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:59 pm
by ScaleCraft
I have a modicum of experience with single drive trains like this, various scales.
Usually won't pull much, and adding an "extra" car compounds the situation. Wonder if that's why it's for sale?
Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.
Probably have to add more power in the trucks.
Just a guess.

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:32 pm
by Carey Williams
Hello all

Locomotive Workshop ...advertised the Zephyr for several year before presenting them to the public ..both in RTR or Kit ....RTR 4 car set was $900 !!!

Yes I did purchase a Zephyr ...I think it was 400 + - runs well .... even lights !

This set is a place holder till I find the Zephyr that ran on the 1939/40 NYC World's Fair layout ....or a Pomona Zephyr .. till then check out this exciting video link of the Zephyr in motion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5f9tEI7Ts


cheers Carey

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:09 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.


"(can't tell if it's powered)" --- adding power to those trucks between the cars might be an interesting exercise.....that I'll pass on.

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:19 pm
by bob turner
Didn't Sunset do these? There is a limit to how a crudely produced model is still artistic.

Re: Lotta money

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:12 am
by ScaleCraft
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
ScaleCraft wrote:Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.


"(can't tell if it's powered)" --- adding power to those trucks between the cars might be an interesting exercise.....that I'll pass on.

Piece of cake. Fabricate a frame extension to affix the selected truck, install NWSL gear boxes, driveshaft, and motor in tank. You could hit trucks at both ends of the cars.