https://www.ebay.com/itm/Locomotive-Wor ... 2943425321
Lorenzen, Pioneer Zephyr. Six bills. No photo of power truck (if any).
Somebody needs that, but not me!
Lotta money
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Lotta money
ScaleCraft wrote: No photo of power truck (if any).
Yeah............"Lead unit with a geared K-Line truck (can't tell if it's powered),"
Not helpful information to anyone - 3 rail drive truck with scale wheels in the other trucks? One photo would make this listing so much better.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: Lotta money
Agree, why spend $600+ on an un-powered set like this? I seem to recall one of these on E-Bay not too long ago, that was both more finished and powered, for less. It might be the same one Carry posted on OGR a few months ago.
I like these a lot despite their "LWSish-ness" ( or maybe I like them because of it
) Especially like that it has the added car, to me the big challenge would be how to add that raised headlight sconce housing the mars light these got after the war.
Thanks for posting this. Very cool.
I like these a lot despite their "LWSish-ness" ( or maybe I like them because of it
Thanks for posting this. Very cool.
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Lotta money
I have a modicum of experience with single drive trains like this, various scales.
Usually won't pull much, and adding an "extra" car compounds the situation. Wonder if that's why it's for sale?
Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.
Probably have to add more power in the trucks.
Just a guess.
Usually won't pull much, and adding an "extra" car compounds the situation. Wonder if that's why it's for sale?
Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.
Probably have to add more power in the trucks.
Just a guess.
Dave....gone by invitation
-
Carey Williams
- Posts: 688
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 pm
Re: Lotta money
Hello all
Locomotive Workshop ...advertised the Zephyr for several year before presenting them to the public ..both in RTR or Kit ....RTR 4 car set was $900 !!!
Yes I did purchase a Zephyr ...I think it was 400 + - runs well .... even lights !
This set is a place holder till I find the Zephyr that ran on the 1939/40 NYC World's Fair layout ....or a Pomona Zephyr .. till then check out this exciting video link of the Zephyr in motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5f9tEI7Ts
cheers Carey
Locomotive Workshop ...advertised the Zephyr for several year before presenting them to the public ..both in RTR or Kit ....RTR 4 car set was $900 !!!
Yes I did purchase a Zephyr ...I think it was 400 + - runs well .... even lights !
This set is a place holder till I find the Zephyr that ran on the 1939/40 NYC World's Fair layout ....or a Pomona Zephyr .. till then check out this exciting video link of the Zephyr in motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5f9tEI7Ts
cheers Carey
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: Lotta money
ScaleCraft wrote:Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.
"(can't tell if it's powered)" --- adding power to those trucks between the cars might be an interesting exercise.....that I'll pass on.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: Lotta money
Didn't Sunset do these? There is a limit to how a crudely produced model is still artistic.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: Lotta money
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:ScaleCraft wrote:Owner/builder probably found it spun it's wheels...a lot.
"(can't tell if it's powered)" --- adding power to those trucks between the cars might be an interesting exercise.....that I'll pass on.
Piece of cake. Fabricate a frame extension to affix the selected truck, install NWSL gear boxes, driveshaft, and motor in tank. You could hit trucks at both ends of the cars.
Dave....gone by invitation
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 118 guests
