Page 1 of 1
GM- Interesting
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:07 pm
by ScaleCraft
So, I've got this 0 scale magazine/book, up through what, 1965.
In there it shows a photo from very late GM ownership where they tried sets. Couple of cars, caboose, and an NW2......with a circle of track.
36" radius TruScale. Assembled. Sorta like Snap-Track.
I have that track here. Not sure if it's a full circle, but I do have that.
Any GM collectors need it for cost of shipping?
Re: GM- Interesting
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:10 pm
by De Bruin
Dave, dumb question but when you say "GM" are we referring to General Models ( as in AN?)
I'd be interested to know the details of such a set, as in car model #'s (especially the caboose) and road names etc.
Re: GM- Interesting
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 pm
by ScaleCraft
It's a magazine (big) I got a while back. One ad (and writeup) shown. I'll dig it out of the car later.
Yes, General Models, photo, I think plain black NW2, but the writeup says GM shot themselves in the foot by introducing "sets" but elaborated insufficiently.
I've had these 36" Radius TruScale sections for probably decades and never knew where they came from. Writeup explains.
Re: GM- Interesting
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:16 pm
by ScaleCraft
American 0 Scale, 1927-1965 by Keith Willls
Chapter 3, page 29.
Lists beginner's kits, your choice F-3A, NW2 or Ten Wheeler. NW shown, appears as undecrr as does the caboose, reefer unreadable, boxcar is CB&Q
Re: GM- Interesting
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:06 pm
by Carey Williams
Hello Dave
the track you mention ...appears in the GMC inhouse magazine "The O Gager" September 1950..page 16 complete set GM switcher some cars and a loop of Tru-Scale track ...listed as a 25' oval ......picture is a bit vague but there are brass pins that stick out at the ends?...How much of a circle / oval do you have ? I'd be interested if not spoken for already ...would be nice for setting up a display at shows .
Happy to pay shipping etc thank you
Thank you Cheers Carey
Re: GM- Interesting
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:33 pm
by ScaleCraft
If it's an oval, not sure there are straights. Let me dig it out and see what's there. Day or so.