FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
From the "Holy Cow" file: Brass Trains Dot Com sold three O scale cab forwards today!
O Brass Model - PSC 15297-1 SP Southern Pacific Cab Forward AC-12 4-8-8-2 #4292 - F/P - 1992 Run - Samhongsa - RARE! Sold for: $4995
O Brass Model - PSC 16893-1 SP Southern Pacific Lines AC-2 Cab Forward 2-8-8-2 #4017 - F/P - 2001 Run - HARD TO FIND!] Sold for $4295
O Brass Model - PSC 16897-1 SP Southern Pacific AC-3 2-8-8-2 Cab Forward #4029 - F/P - 2001 Run - Made in Korea - RARE! Sold for $4295
O Brass Model - PSC 15297-1 SP Southern Pacific Cab Forward AC-12 4-8-8-2 #4292 - F/P - 1992 Run - Samhongsa - RARE! Sold for: $4995
O Brass Model - PSC 16893-1 SP Southern Pacific Lines AC-2 Cab Forward 2-8-8-2 #4017 - F/P - 2001 Run - HARD TO FIND!] Sold for $4295
O Brass Model - PSC 16897-1 SP Southern Pacific AC-3 2-8-8-2 Cab Forward #4029 - F/P - 2001 Run - Made in Korea - RARE! Sold for $4295
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
Any of those shown are a LOT more than my Jag was, and I drove it home.
Good lord, my 50 Ford was $125.
Add the three together it's half what I paid for my house (almost).
Good lord, my 50 Ford was $125.
Add the three together it's half what I paid for my house (almost).
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
ScaleCraft wrote:Any of those shown are a LOT more than my Jag was, and I drove it home.
Good lord, my 50 Ford was $125.
Add the three together it's half what I paid for my house (almost).
Scary ain't it!!!!
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
My 69 SS Camaro was $450.I also drove it home. Trashed the rear tires along the way. Then i spent almost half the price of the car on new tires. Every now and then somebody will nudge me about selling it. To bad they don't slap me in the face with a fist full of fifties.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
ScaleCraft wrote:Think of all the donuts we could buy!
I'll get the coffee.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
E7 wrote:O Brass Model - PSC 15297-1 SP Southern Pacific Cab Forward AC-12 4-8-8-2 #4292 - F/P - 1992 Run - Samhongsa - RARE! Sold for: $4995
O Brass Model - PSC 16893-1 SP Southern Pacific Lines AC-2 Cab Forward 2-8-8-2 #4017 - F/P - 2001 Run - HARD TO FIND!] Sold for $4295
O Brass Model - PSC 16897-1 SP Southern Pacific AC-3 2-8-8-2 Cab Forward #4029 - F/P - 2001 Run - Made in Korea - RARE! Sold for $4295
Nice to know that someone has money to burn........
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
My 1964 1/2 V8 red Mustang convertible cost me $188. Lady knocked off 12 because it was due for registration.
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
bob turner wrote:My 1964 1/2 V8 red Mustang convertible cost me $188. Lady knocked off 12 because it was due for registration.
You was robbed!
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
\bob turner wrote:My 1964 1/2 V8 red Mustang convertible cost me $188. Lady knocked off 12 because it was due for registration.
That was when?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:\bob turner wrote:My 1964 1/2 V8 red Mustang convertible cost me $188. Lady knocked off 12 because it was due for registration.
That was when?
Yeah, same question for Roberts 69 SS Camaro.
I once bought a 1962 corvette for $750 (1970) and drove it daily to UMKC and work for 2 years, before selling it for what I put in it. Bought a hardtop for it that cost me another $750, as it was needed for KC winter weather. That's all they were worth back in those days. Just transportation.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
A long time ago, just like said Corvette. But even then a good 1965 convert was worth a grand.
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
bob turner wrote:A long time ago, just like said Corvette. But even then a good 1965 convert was worth a grand.
Yeah, nice Mustangs always brought good money and I believe yours is a rag top, worth even more. My vette wasn't a great car even back then, not a pig, but only 8 years old and had non-factory paint (probably wrecked prior), but it was great transportation and I always wanted a vette.
Re: FROM THE HOLY COW! FILE
I bought my Camaro in 1988. I was one year removed from high school. At the time. That car was nothing more then a daily driver for a guy in his late 50's. One of the few car deals where the seller and the buy think they got over on the other guy. That car was never repaint or restored. I sunk another $2,500 into it. That turned it into a nice reliable ride.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 74 guests