Page 1 of 2

OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:51 am
by E7

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:12 am
by ScaleCraft
What's good about it?
If the seller doesn't know what he has, how is the consumer supposed to know what will show up in the mailbox?
Key Imports Brass CS#51 C&O H-8 2-6-6-6 #1645 Steam Engine F/P O-Scale

Key Imports CS# 12 Northern Pacific NP Z-5 2-8-8-4 Steam Locomotive Road# 5001, Factory Painted, lights, O-Scale

At least he caught it days later:
Sorry for the typo. It is Key Imports CS# 51 O-Scale H-8 2-6-6-6 Steam Locomotive as shows on photos

Some of our member don't appreciate pointing out grammar and spelling issues.
But for Vancouver, this looks like Chinglish:

1) All shipping cost as listed on eBay, no other shipping option. Shipping cost for inside Canada has written in description. Anyway you have to read description carefully before bidding.

2) Model are listed under eBay different categories to represent its gauge. We don't make mistake on category so Don't tell us that you are expecting a O or N gauge model while you are looking at a model that is listed under eBay HO-gauge category. Not sure? ASK FIRST!

3) Return is absolutely impossible, we are selling collectibles, not cheap stuff from Walmart. Our clients would not happy to accept something that been screwed up by someone else. So, we don't take any model back after shipping. If you force us to do so, you will be on ban list from our global sales for ever.

4) All random messages will not be reply, if you send such thing for more than once, you will be blocked for ever.

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:23 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Language use is far better than most US folks are capable of if you want to judge by listings of eBay and not in a writing course/contest. But just like here there is no requirement for proper grammar or spelling there.

ScaleCraft wrote:4) All random messages will not be reply, if you send such thing for more than once, you will be blocked for ever.


They clearly know you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, clearly, none of this has stopped bidders, :wink: :wink:

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 am
by bob turner
It would stop me cold. Two grand for a Key Allegheny is probably a good price, but you may wind up with a non- returnable HO model. I grade it scam.

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
bob turner wrote:It would stop me cold. Two grand for a Key Allegheny is probably a good price, but you may wind up with a non- returnable HO model. I grade it scam.


4th photo includes a human hand for scale; could always contact the seller..............

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:07 pm
by up148
A good friend had that problem last week. He bought what he thought was an O scale PSC passenger car (good price) but found out it was HO in his after-the-sale communication with the seller. Seller did not give the gauge anywhere in his listing, it was listed in a search for O scale brass (like tons of other garbage) and it was hard to see the gauge on the box photo.

He told the seller of his mistake and seller basically said "tough sh*t...pay me", but apparently EB reads all or some communications between buyers and sellers, because, before he could contact them, they stepped in (on there own) and told the seller the sale was cancelled.

Amazing. :shock:

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
up148 wrote:A good friend had that problem last week. He bought what he thought was an O scale PSC passenger car (good price) but found out it was HO in his after-the-sale communication with the seller. Seller did not give the gauge anywhere in his listing, it was listed in a search for O scale brass (like tons of other garbage) and it was hard to see the gauge on the box photo.


There's been a increase in HO listed in the O scale category recently; some is Id'd properly, but some is not - most is fairly obvious like the guy listing HO stuff next to ruler

He told the seller of his mistake and seller basically said "tough sh*t...pay me", but apparently EB reads all or some communications between buyers and sellers, because, before he could contact them, they stepped in (on there own) and told the seller the sale was cancelled.

Amazing. :shock:


eBay does monitor communications.

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 pm
by ScaleCraft
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
There's been a increase in HO listed in the O scale category recently; some is Id'd properly, but some is not - most is fairly obvious like the guy listing HO stuff next to ruler



yeah, seen a lot of Half Zero in the 0 listings. Sometimes it's really hard to tell. Sometimes the X2F coupler is a giveaway!

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:51 pm
by Chris Webster
bob turner wrote:It would stop me cold. Two grand for a Key Allegheny is probably a good price, but you may wind up with a non- returnable HO model. I grade it scam.

Read the seller's feedback - they have a lot of recent positive feedback on transactions involving HO and O-scale brass. They seem to be able to tell the differences between the different scales. :D

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:50 pm
by ScaleCraft
Chris Webster wrote:Read the seller's feedback - they have a lot of recent positive feedback on transactions involving HO and O-scale brass. They seem to be able to tell the differences between the different scales. :D

Well something has happened, or the warnings wouldn't be there. Who knows what has transpired that did not involve feedback?

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:49 pm
by E7
I am TOTALLY appalled! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: You ask for good condition, so I find you one in good (actually new) condition and you append a whole laundry list of caveats! Am I going to have to summon professor Kingsfield here from the hereafter to lecture on contract law?!!! And then there is Turner who can't tell an O Scale hand from an HO hand! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: If you sweet talk the Greek, maybe she will take some of that Apple money and get it for you for Xmas. :mrgreen:

Are we having fun yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:20 pm
by ScaleCraft
New? I don't care.
PRC? I don't care.
Japan? I don't care.
Korea? I don't care.
Costs more that a St. Arbux, I don't care.

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:00 am
by E7
ScaleCraft wrote:New? I don't care.
PRC? I don't care.
Japan? I don't care.
Korea? I don't care.
Costs more that a St. Arbux, I don't care.


Sorta the same way I feel about all that stuff you post. :mrgreen:

PS: Here's a radical thought: Why don't you post something you LIKE!

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:29 am
by ScaleCraft
E7 wrote:
PS: Here's a radical thought: Why don't you post something you LIKE!

I did. Lots of it. Story-line stuff. And hen the purge, and I lost interest in doing that again.
I did post a lot on the A-N 4-6-0 with lead boiler, longer than original (with tailstock extension), with an NW2 cab back. No idea who made the boiler.

Re: OK, Here's one in good condition

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm
by bob turner
Do what I tried to do - get a photo hoster and re-create your lost threads? I would love to see photos of others' work.