Page 1 of 1
Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:39 pm
by bob turner
Question:
Nice model. Curious as to the meaning of the terms "Loboy" and "Heister." Are they related to this model's history?
Answer:
Ok he said that this is the name and manufacturer that made it and they no longer exist!! Wow!! so I thank you for asking. Have a nice day.
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:59 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:11 pm
by Jay Criswell
Huh?
Lobaugh Climax maybe?
Jay
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:19 pm
by bob turner
Probably a combination of telephone tag and a very old collector who confused the Climax with a Heisler. The seller has obviously no knowledge of this stuff, and is just doing it on consignment or something. I was just curious - it is obviously a fairly nice import of some kind, if a bit overpriced.
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:23 pm
by ScaleCraft
I remember the original thread and link, but cannot find it now.
Heisler. Moron evilbait sellers with poor grammar and spelling probably makes it Heister.
Heisler made tractors. Apparently lots of them. A fair amount were called "loboys". How the moron got that so confused I don't know.
Not worth it. I have one of each major logging engines, not in 0, and they are high-maintenance with all those moving and flexing parts.
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:43 pm
by De Bruin
Oh it's a 1:48 low clearance straddle cab fork-lift? Neato!
close? no?
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:22 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:I remember the original thread and link, but cannot find it now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Loboy-Heister- ... SwRtBew~UWHeisler made tractors. Apparently lots of them. A fair amount were called "loboys".
International Cub made Lo-Boy tractors; cousin to the Model F cub I have, sort of.....
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:27 pm
by Jay Criswell
That's a Westside West Side Heisler. Came with Ow5 & On3 trucks. Also built to 1/43 instead of 1/48. I had one detailed it for Westside Lumber, whole new drive, etc. dwarfed the Shays. Nope, not a great model.
Jay
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:02 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Jay Criswell wrote:That's a Westside West Side Heisler. Came with Ow5 & On3 trucks.
So they did...
Also built to 1/43 instead of 1/48.
Did not know that....my day is complete now,
$800 is a bit dear for this, I think. Maybe if the seller listed it correctly and had the 2nd set of trucks, and at a realistic price, it just might sell,

Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 pm
by bob turner
Been there for a month. Not likely to sell soon.
Re: Finally had to ask about the Loboy Heister
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:06 pm
by E7
Yes Virginia there is a Hyster.
https://www.hyster.com/Been around for years.
One of their machines was used in an old comedy (either Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello). I think it was probably the latter.
An Ebay ad with misspellings and inaccurate information.

The old Westside Heislers with O and On3 trucks used to sell for about 5 to 6 hundred bucks.