Midwestern Model Works Redux

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Re: Midwestern Model Works Redux

Postby E7 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:08 am

bob turner wrote:No - there was one about shipping delays, and I have no idea what I posted, but George DiSanti came down on me with both feet for being the world's most negative non-purchaser of MMW products. I am sure I questioned that shipping delays are the only problems with this supplier - and from what Larry said above (I have no reason to disbelieve him or think he is just stirring the pot) I think that shipping delays are in fact not anywhere near the biggest problem for MMW depositees.

I would suspect ANYONE following this thread might tend to agree. (refer to the last post on page 16)

Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:43 am

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:34 am

9 years and no re-power

No running models

The vaunted ECS motor

A finished running loco would go a long way to solve things.

Makes no sense.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:36 am

E7 wrote:A finished running loco would go a long way to solve things.

Just clear open communications would go a long way........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:44 am

I suppose there have been "true believers" in every field of endeavor for millenia. They never let facts get in the way.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:35 pm

bob turner wrote:I suppose there have been "true believers" in every field of endeavor for millenia. They never let facts get in the way.

There is also: "Time to wake up and smell the coffee!"

I don't suppose anyone has heard any new info?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:06 pm

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon May 16, 2022 11:13 am

There is a fairly new MMW thread on OGR - I note that the sycophants are being really quiet, and depositors are borderline despair. Too bad; Erik was in line to set a new standard.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon May 16, 2022 12:05 pm

If you won't post a link, I will!

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... el-works-4

Boy, folks are whizzed. Talking legal action. Encouraging folks NOT to order or send in "reserve" money.

That's the most honest negativity I've seen on that gulag-oriented forum.

Wonder what their 75 lawyers are gonna do now?
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

LarryK

Postby LarryK » Mon May 16, 2022 12:55 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:If you won't post a link, I will!

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... el-works-4

Boy, folks are whizzed. Talking legal action. Encouraging folks NOT to order or send in "reserve" money.

That's the most honest negativity I've seen on that gulag-oriented forum.

Wonder what their 75 lawyers are gonna do now?

Never thought my question about anyone hearin fro Erik would start a ****storm.

Larry
No Comment!

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon May 16, 2022 3:03 pm

here is a link to reproduction motorcycle parts. They guy that makes them as pulled an Eric for 5 years. One sob story after another. He took deposits and made a few samples. Then said " My wife is sick, the foundry can cast them, Australian covid and supply chains". Someone called the foundry in OZ. They were told that " they have not been paid and will not cast any items". This is how one guy screwed out of his deposit is handling it. An eBay ad. telling folks " don't buy these. Then he post the ad all over facebook and antique motorcycle forums. https://www.ebay.com/itm/115350069578?h ... SwjthiWL~L
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:00 pm

bob turner wrote:There is a fairly new MMW thread on OGR - I note that the sycophants are being really quiet, and depositors are borderline despair. Too bad; Erik was in line to set a new standard.

A new standard for what? A yet to be produced model? Give us a few images and some testimonials from satisfied customers, not a bunch hot air pimping something that doesn't exist. Don't get me wrong, I derive NO pleasure from other folks misery, but I've seen no evidence of anything looking like a completed model.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon May 16, 2022 7:17 pm

He has displayed completed, or almost complete, models. They looked ok - but he does not seem to be able to go into production. There is obviously a market for $4000 Diesels with realistic-looking traction motors and opening doors, etc., but it sure seems like he will not get that far.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon May 16, 2022 8:26 pm

bob turner wrote:He has displayed completed, or almost complete, models. They looked ok - but he does not seem to be able to go into production. There is obviously a market for $4000 Diesels with realistic-looking traction motors and opening doors, etc., but it sure seems like he will not get that far.

BIG difference between a hand-assembled pre-production prototype and an actual for-sale model.
Refusals, reworks, discussions with factory, arguments with suppliers, then asking for MORE non-refundable deposits because all the money is sent so far. THEN we MIGHT see a model, and it may or may not have the features in the pre-production prototype displayed at shows.
I could never see the fascination for underbody detail of that magnitude, that you only see if you have an incident (like, derails and laying on it's side) where "Oh, Lookee there, Billy-Bob! Looks just like the one that derailed behind your pasture last year!".
I've SEEN that kind of detail in superstructures...no way. Breaks, falls off....butt soldered handrails (not drilled, inserted and soldered for a mechanical joint), doors falling off because of pixxpoor soldering.
You buy a factory painted unit and have to re-solder, then what?
Shelf Queens.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon May 16, 2022 8:31 pm

So one sycophant just chimed in, with apparently a great deal of legal knowledge, but limited spelling or language skills. Worth checking out for entertainment purposes.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”