PRR Locomotives

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
rogruth

Re: PRR Locomotives

Postby rogruth » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Seems as if every crossing guard I ever saw on the Pennsy had something missing, fingers, toes, arm, leg, etc., but they all stayed on til pension time.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:Seems as if every crossing guard I ever saw on the Pennsy had something missing, fingers, toes, arm, leg, etc., but they all stayed on til pension time.

Probably could not afford to leave the job with any expectation of getting job anywhere else.

I had heard these positions were some of the very few that the railroad conceded since it was now cheap man power.
The PRR would probably deny that. Also heard that it was part of the union (s) contracts with the railroad.
Info is from old crossing gaurds. Not verified.
roger

I support thread drift.

PRRK4s

Postby PRRK4s » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Image Well, I'm running out of photos! I'll have to build up another stash of them. I'll end with this one. Thanks to all who commented on and viewed what I've been up to for the past 40 years. I hope you liked the photos. I'm sure I'll stumble on a few additional worthy ones in my files at some point.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Bob Turner often says that he may have posted a photo before. I don't mind seeing photos again.
Also on MTJ every now and then stuff disappears and when you go back for another look they are gone.
So IMHO it does not hurt to repost some.
roger

I support thread drift.

PRRK4s

Postby PRRK4s » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:24 am

Image Saw a prototype photo recently of 2 F Units and a Shark poking its nose into the scene. So....what would that look like in model form? I gave it a more moody look. This one looks much better in b/w than in color, by far.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:24 pm

PRR locos always had a distinctive look, even their diesels.
Great photo as usual.

There are several that post photos of their models, layouts and other train items in any scale that are so good I have used up all my vocabulary trying to make a different comment for each one. So when I repeat a comment just think of it as posting a photo again and enjoy it.
roger

I support thread drift.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:27 pm

No - think of it as feedback. "Like" buttons don't cut it - folks will not bother posting if they feel like nobody really cares enough to say something.
We have a Lobaugh thread going on NK - I will post a photo or two, and if nobody responds the thread dies. But so far response has been slightly more than tepid, so I keep on posting.

I like this forum better, because there are very few restrictive rules, but O Scale models are no longer the predominant topic here, and I don't have all that much time for the stuff that is the most popular at the moment. Good on Maroon for trying to bring this back to models!

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Bob, I understand and agree. There was a time when 3 R trains were the main topic on MTJ. Then if you wanted any train info it was in the 2 R forum.
Now the lounge seems to be the strongest in readers BUT the 2 R section is where to go if you want to read about trains and modeling.

Maybe we will get back to trains when the election is really over.
roger

I support thread drift.

Chris Rock

Postby Chris Rock » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:30 pm

I've enjoyed looking at the photos in this thread. It looks like PRRK4s has all the good Pennsylvania stuff.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Chris Rock wrote:I've enjoyed looking at the photos in this thread. It looks like PRRK4s has all the good Pennsylvania stuff.

Yes, but don't forget that Bob Turner also has a lot. They are just not in a diorama. Also, if you go back, you'll see that he started this topic.
Lots of beautiful stuff in these 20 pages.
roger

I support thread drift.

Chris Rock

Postby Chris Rock » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Hi Roger,
I had looked at all of the pages in this thread and my comment is all inclusive. Yes, Bob makes wonderful models. At any rate, kudos again for everything shown here.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:23 pm

Art has a cast bronze M1a on eBay right now. I have way, way too many doorstops, and indeed a USH M1a, but this one is intriguing. It might be a Leonard Blum product - remember, the patterns and sand do not care whether you pour aluminum or bronze. Maybe the foundry had a leftover pot of bronze that day.

Also he is willing to ship for under $30, which means he has a "Shippo" account. Tempting! Somebody stop me before I do something foolish!

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:56 pm

PRRK4s wrote:Image Saw a prototype photo recently of 2 F Units and a Shark poking its nose into the scene. So....what would that look like in model form? I gave it a more moody look. This one looks much better in b/w than in color, by far.

What trait of EMD F units does this photo show that most modelers??? miss?

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”