Thanks Rich, and Bob I'll go with it as a Lobaugh J&L dome thanks.
So as promised, here are the two Thomas cars. These really surprised me detail and proportion wise.
From that standpoint (certainly not finish) again think they’re the best tank car models in the pile.
.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds)
I’d guess everything here was stored in a dirty semi-open area like a barn or shed, these in particular also suffer from chronic clear coat yellowing under the iron tinged red grime. Pretty scabby, anyone know the approximate earliest date for when delrins went into wide spread use?
.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds)
I’ve attempted some clean-up with 409, Windex and MS silk screen remover which is great for the yellowing lacquer issue though it can’t be applied over the decals without destroying them. I'm on the fence on whether to dip these two off first or sell as-is.
.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds)
Unlike the previous model this Texaco version has some strange cast trucks, albeit one with Roco-Atlas wheels and the other with scale metal 33's.
Note the resistor wrapping the axle, typical of the entire collection as the original owner utilized an early GE Astrac installation and my understanding is these were used to queue the signal blocks, this got crazier if the car was lighted as in passenger or caboose. You should see the wiring harnesses in the engines (whew)
.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds)
Here's a close up of the truck, SC Dave couldn't ID' it either and suggested I run it by you guys.
.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds)
Apparently the original owner got some significant use out of this rolling stock, this intact wheel-flange booger has what appears to be hair in it too.
Thinking now his layout was in the barn.