somebody is nutz in Georgia

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Re: somebody is nutz in Georgia

Postby E7 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:04 am

Crumpled paper is a relative thing. If it is crumpled tightly enough to keep the inner carton (you definitely should be double boxing this stuff) from moving around in ANY direction. It will probably get there OK. Probably the best filler is the foam peanut, when tightly compacted around all 6 sides of the inner carton. Makes for solid packing and is light weight.

Then there is the "poor man's peanut", aka shredded paper. The bad news is it gets everywhere, and is a good bit heavier than peanuts when packed tightly as it should be, thus more weight, more postage.

The most important thing (opinion) is to keep the item being shipped stationary inside the packing! Otherwise, it's like the person inside a car without a seat belt on.

I've had no issues with the USPS boxes, as long as they were packed as detailed above and taped tightly, not skimping on tape.

All opinion.

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:34 am

Is this car from the downtown club..... or Texas?
Custom Vintage O Scale Great Southern Lines Passenger Car (2 Rail)

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:50 am

Downtown club, it's consistent in both lettering(Decal fonts) and construction (Lionel end caps) with the original Kasiner GSL streamliner there when I joined in 2012, I suspect there's a missing observation car somewhere out there too. Both were replaced with Kasiners when the train was rebuilt in 2015, a combine for the baggage, an observation for a non-matching Chester ob.
It would be interesting to know who sold this to Trainz. As an aside it's my impression the LW twin door baggage is a somewhat rare Kasiner model too.
Thanks for posting, I'll ask around with the other members.
Last edited by De Bruin on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 pm

There is life on MTJ.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”