Page 1 of 1

I must be missing something here:

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:57 pm
by ScaleCraft
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-O-Scale- ... 3596506348
No frame (removed) no underbody detail (cut off) no couplers,
Doors bent slightly in, outside braces bent inwards, wood floor.
No trucks.
Must be special at $62.03 + $13.07.

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:30 pm
by E7
It's a steal! Take note that I did not mention who was doing the stealing. :lol:

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:56 pm
by De Bruin
IMP perhaps? I do wish Trainz would find someone to actually identify the items they list beyond ...."cattle car"...etc.
though this way though no one's able to return the item "not as described" based on an improper manufacturer listing,
less trouble I guess.

Conversely I shouldn't complain, this lack of an accurate description has also resulted in some pretty good closing prices with them over the years on KMT, USH and MAC shops bodies.

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:27 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
De Bruin wrote:IMP perhaps?


Yes. Sold a complete one just a few weeks ago. Someone has removed the underbody center sill and strap bolsters......

Conversely I shouldn't complain, this lack of an accurate description has also resulted in some pretty good closing prices with them over the years on KMT, USH and MAC shops bodies.


Yup! :wink: :wink:

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:06 pm
by ScaleCraft
Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.

Trainz it out of line...again....

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:26 pm
by rogruth
How can it be determined to be 2 rail without trucks, frame, etc.?

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:46 am
by E7
De Bruin wrote:though this way though no one's able to return the item "not as described" based on an improper manufacturer listing


Pete, if the seller states they accept returns (Trainz does here) you can pretty much send it back for whatever. If you look on your "My Ebay" page at your "Orders" list, there is a "Return this item" button. Just click it and the process is started.

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:09 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.


Missing something - No link.......

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:39 am
by Rufus T. Firefly

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:47 am
by rogruth
WHY WOULD THIS TANK CAR HAVE PLASTIC WHEELS AND TRUCKS?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:04 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
rogruth wrote:WHY WOULD THIS TANK CAR HAVE PLASTIC WHEELS AND TRUCKS?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?


Plastic trucks are almost certainly Athearn (could be older Weaver or QC), but pretty common practice; usually one switches the wheelsets to metal ones for better rolling properties and cleaner operations.

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:11 am
by rogruth
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rogruth wrote:WHY WOULD THIS TANK CAR HAVE PLASTIC WHEELS AND TRUCKS?
(Please excuse the caps. Mistake.)
Is this common practice to avoid short circuits?


Plastic trucks are almost certainly Athearn (could be older Weaver or QC), but pretty common practice; usually one switches the wheelsets to metal ones for better rolling properties and cleaner operations.

OK, that makes sense.

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:22 pm
by ScaleCraft
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
ScaleCraft wrote:Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.


Missing something - No link.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Intern ... 3855107652

Had it, just didn't publish it. Forty Bux, BIN. Beats the crap out of the first one missing everything.

Re: I must be missing something here:

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
ScaleCraft wrote:Here is a complete (allegedly, but looks like it) IMP, albeit plastic Athearn trucks, no missing bolsters, trucks, frame, sill, and it's even lettered, all for a BIN of 40, or make an offer.
Heckuva deal.


Missing something - No link.......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O-Scale-Intern ... 3855107652

Had it, just didn't publish it. Forty Bux, BIN. Beats the crap out of the first one missing everything.


Been modified a bit; cross bracing on underbody and those bolsters are not IMP and a lovely bit of lead in the center sill for weight; still beats the 1st one if you want a boxcar.