Page 1 of 1

open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:12 pm
by ScaleCraft
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kit-Bu ... 4023547687

Somebody needs this. Cheap so far. This "pandaman" has lots of stuff.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:29 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Know him - lives ~ 20 min from me. Sells all sorts of stuff and sometimes at decent prices, too.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:54 am
by J. S. Bach
Well, suggest to him to get a better camera and a few light bulbs. Oh, and then use them.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:04 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
J. S. Bach wrote:Well, suggest to him to get a better camera and a few light bulbs. Oh, and then use them.


Use contact seller and do it yourself! He's beating our Trainz on size of photos, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And, you don't really need a great camera; you just need to know how to use it. :roll:

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:47 pm
by J. S. Bach
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
J. S. Bach wrote:Well, suggest to him to get a better camera and a few light bulbs. Oh, and then use them.

Use contact seller and do it yourself! He's beating our Trainz on size of photos, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And, you don't really need a great camera; you just need to know how to use it. :roll:

Maybe not a great camera, but sufficient lighting is equally (or maybe even more) important.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:46 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
J. S. Bach wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
J. S. Bach wrote:Well, suggest to him to get a better camera and a few light bulbs. Oh, and then use them.

Use contact seller and do it yourself! He's beating our Trainz on size of photos, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And, you don't really need a great camera; you just need to know how to use it. :roll:

Maybe not a great camera, but sufficient lighting is equally (or maybe even more) important.


Or just change the settings on the camera! :mrgreen:

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:25 pm
by bob turner
Or change the brightness digitally. Just a couple keystrokes.

My free photo editor had an edge sharpener for a while - worked great! They took it away during an “improvement.”

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:37 pm
by ScaleCraft
bob turner wrote:Or change the brightness digitally. Just a couple keystrokes.

My free photo editor had an edge sharpener for a while - worked great! They took it away during an “improvement.”



No updates on XP, so they can't take it away. Works great here. FAR better than the (google owned now) Picassa on the laptop.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
bob turner wrote:Or change the brightness digitally. Just a couple keystrokes.


Too lazy to bother. 3 steps in Photoshop......... Easier to just set the camera properly.

Easier yet to just care.......then again, maybe better pictures would reveal just how much of the crap they sell is really crap?

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:35 pm
by ScaleCraft
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
bob turner wrote:Or change the brightness digitally. Just a couple keystrokes.


Too lazy to bother. 3 steps in Photoshop......... Easier to just set the camera properly.

Easier yet to just care.......then again, maybe better pictures would reveal just how much of the crap they sell is really crap?

Don't know how to deal with all that insight!

Seriously, one of the games they play. Plausible Deniability. Sometimes only one side shown...the other side is crunched, folded, spindled, mutilated, rusted, or whatever.
"Not Tested", "I know nothing about trains", "Estate find...as-is". All that and more!

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:03 pm
by bob turner
I disagree with Martin, out of relative ignorance.

When I was submitting articles I struggled with horrible photos. One of my co-pilots suggested that the info was there on the negative, and that the developer was at fault. He was correct. I left orders to change the density setting, and from then on got usable photos.

Yes, you need lots of light, but even then, automatic density subroutines look at the white background and make our black models subordinate. So we need to intervene,

That can sometimes be done on an eBay photo,even though most of the information has been discarded by the compression process. I would show you, but I am currently unable to post photos here. If I do one on OGR, I will redirect.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:50 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
When I was submitting articles I struggled with horrible photos.


Those might have been different times; takes seconds to change camera settings and 3 clicks in Photoshop to change brightness of a photo.

That can sometimes be done on an eBay photo,even though most of the information has been discarded by the compression process.


You can brighten those photos if you care to do it.

I just think that Trainz just wants to move volume through their process and simply don't care enough to make adjustments to feature or enhance sales. I've gotten more than a few nice items that took me a wee bit of effort; download photo; 3 clicks on photo, place bid. The converse as well; download photo; 3 clicks on photo, keep moving..

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:00 pm
by bob turner
Well, now we are agreeing. My digital cameras do not have f-stops or time delays for the shutter. I use your "three click" method, and have done so on eBay photos. Just cannot post results here.

My old film camera had all the bells and whistles. I did everything, but nothing worked until I discovered what the print shop was doing. It got better when they invented kiosks, but two years after that, digital made such things obsolete.

Re: open vestibule truss rod passenger

Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:16 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
bob turner wrote:Well, now we are agreeing. My digital cameras do not have f-stops or time delays for the shutter. I use your "three click" method, and have done so on eBay photos. Just cannot post results here.


Neither does mine, but I can adjust for type and amount of lighting, and do so.

My old film camera had all the bells and whistles. I did everything, but nothing worked until I discovered what the print shop was doing. It got better when they invented kiosks, but two years after that, digital made such things obsolete.


My daughter basically taught me that if you were not doing your own film processing, you deserved what you got.....

I do need a better camera; mine is periodically unhappy with how the battery is situated in it.