March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
RDSRR
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:06 pm

March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby RDSRR » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:02 am

Melissa has been getting phone calls all day from people who have heard a rumor that the show is being cancelled... NOT TRUE. She asked me to let people know.

The March Meet will go on as planned. There is absolutely no truth to the rumor of it being cancelled due to the coronavirus or any other reason.

The Chicago O Scale Meet will be open this weekend. We've got 13 layout tours, clinics, and lots of vendors with all things O Scale; come check it out! Get the full listing of events on our website at http://www.marchmeet.net/
Regards,

Dan

The Model Railroad Resource LLC
407 East Chippewa St - Dwight, IL 60420
Voice 815.584.1577 / FAX 800.783.0127
daniel@modelrailroadresource.com / http://modelrailroadresource.com
http://oscaleresource.com/ and http://sscaleresource.com/

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 am

I hope that this status does not change.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

up148
Posts: 4755
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby up148 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am

I totally understand the social and financial issues if its cancelled. But, even if I was physically able to attend I would not be traveling during this period. I really feel for the people and institutions who have major events that are being cancelled due to Covid-19. This pandemic will have far reaching consequences that we can't even see right now.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby bob turner » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Me too - this may become a problem. I won't go near an airliner - although I got to fly today!

What I worry about is a total social breakdown. I hope we are stronger than that. The disease itself may fizzle, but the panic could do serious damage. As I mentioned - I am indeed panicked, but functioning. Off to class . . . Fortunately only four widely disppersed students.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby robert. » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 pm

I believe there could be a social breakdown also. At some point fear will stop people from going to work. Stores will be left with no staff. Hotel worker will not want to deal with out of towners. As far as those layout tours. Why would you now let strangers walk into your house? NBA, NHL and March madness are done. Baseball spring training done. Regular season pushed back weeks for baseball.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby ScaleCraft » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Around these parts, nobody going to work unless absolutely necessary. ALL schools closed. Restaurants are graveyards. NO traffic, NO school buses, NO Church services.
I can tell you what it's like.

Fortunately, grocery stores have extra crews cleaning, lots of food stuffs (altho hoarders making real problems on masks, sanitizer, thermometers , things like that).

Doctors offices...they meet you at the door, hold a Phaser up against your forehead, and read the temperature BEFORE they let you in.

That may become norm everywhere shortly.

St. Arbucks is going to close stores except drive through, or so they say.

Meetings cancelled, sports are cancelled, travel by major corporations curtailed.

And they're still going to blame Bush.
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42162
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: March Meet Will Go On This Weekend

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:50 am

ScaleCraft wrote:And they're still going to blame Bush.


Image
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests