Trouble in River City?????

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Trouble in River City?????

Postby E7 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Over on that other forum, there is a post by mavens of Midwestern Model Works voicing concern over the lack of website updates and responses to recent customer inquiries:

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... el-works-2

With the last Chicago Meet looming on the horizon, maybe those and other questions will be answered.

Will Erik show up with a pile of models? Will George Kohs arrive with his ultimate Big Boy?

Enquiring Brassholes want to know! :mrgreen:

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby bob turner » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Surprised they haven’t locked the thread. Management seems to be reverting to the less tolerant approach to controversy.

I wish Erik and his customers the best. I will not be rejoicing when reality strikes. The hobby needs the Bultmanns, Marshes, and Eriks.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:45 pm

bob turner wrote:Surprised they haven’t locked the thread. Management seems to be reverting to the less tolerant approach to controversy.


They already edited it at least once.

I wish Erik and his customers the best. I will not be rejoicing when reality strikes. The hobby needs the Bultmanns, Marshes, and Eriks.


As do I, and hope for the best, but how many years is acceptable vs. the ave. age of this community, :wink: :wink:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:46 pm

E7 wrote:Enquiring Brassholes want to know! :mrgreen:


Wait 2 weeks & a day.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby E7 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Just by a bit of luck, I have the deleted post (took a nap with that screen session up).
________________________________________________________________________________________________
PRR 5841

I met Erik at the Chicago show several years ago. I noticed the very robust looking diesel drive mechanisms he was showing and asked if he would consider installing his drive in an OMI UP turbine of mine. He explained that his terms were model and full payment up front, work hopefully completed within a year. When I asked what incentive would he have to finish my model after he already spent my money, his weak and ridiculous response was basically “Those are my terms”. I politely walked away.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can't say that I blame PRR 5841

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby bob turner » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:12 pm

I saw that. I cannot find anything wrong with it.

I recently made the censors really unhappy by posting an off-topic caution. I put “off topic” in the title, the machine caught it, and Arnold sent a semi nasty gram. He was really unhappy with me.

I figure if they accept Christian prayer groups they should accept confessions of mental disabilities. I am occasionally tempted to submit a non-Christian prayer to one of their prayer groups, but I try to avoid blasphemy - I am not associated with any formal religion.

It was not related to trains - I got fished into a scam trying to get my Calif Drivers License renewal. Some outfit called “PDF-run” now has my vital info, including SSN and DOB. I got there by hitting “dmv.ca.org” instead of “dmv.ca.gov.”

I would have posted it here, but I think I am the only Californian here.

While I am “off-topic” I note that it is no longer possible to get the proper form on-line from the DMV. I shall have to go to the office and beg.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby ScaleCraft » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:27 pm

bob turner wrote:
I would have posted it here, but I think I am the only Californian here.





ummm....maybe the only one willing to LIVE there.

Los Angeles. City Limits. Long ago.

I still have the black plates and registration for the 1950 Ford I still own and bought over 50 years ago.

Once I get the Frontal Lobotomy and decide to move back to Northern Mexico, I can register that car with those plates and registration.
Dave....gone by invitation

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby bob turner » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:44 pm

See? Even have something in common with a pinko Californian. Mine was a '50 Custom Convertible - eurine green, black top. Got it in '57, sold in 1983 to a mom from Ojai. Her husband restored it into Titian Red. Now all I will put up with is 64-66 Mustang convertibles. No more cracked blocks.

E7
Posts: 8397
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby E7 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:57 pm

bob turner wrote:I saw that. I cannot find anything wrong with it.


Neither do I, and I'm glad I captured it by a stroke of luck. I thought it was pretty interesting that it got axed so quickly. Guessing it was reported to Arnold by one of the fervent devotees. When I pay full price, I expect the product or service to have been provided.

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby Chris Webster » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:25 am

E7 wrote:Over on that other forum,

The only thing that could fix OGR is cannabis-infused smoke fluid.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:56 am

Chris Webster wrote:
E7 wrote:Over on that other forum,

The only thing that could fix OGR is cannabis-infused smoke fluid.


And here I was thinking it would only take a few sessions of ECT.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am

bob turner wrote:I figure if they accept Christian prayer groups they should accept confessions of mental disabilities.


They do. Just look in the York threads and you'll find all sorts of mental illness on display.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:44 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
bob turner wrote:I figure if they accept Christian prayer groups they should accept confessions of mental disabilities.


They do. Just look in the York threads and you'll find all sorts of metal illness on display.


But no plastic illness?
Dave....gone by invitation

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42161
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:44 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
bob turner wrote:I figure if they accept Christian prayer groups they should accept confessions of mental disabilities.


They do. Just look in the York threads and you'll find all sorts of metal illness on display.


But no plastic illness?


No, that's exclusive to the brasshole population.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Trouble in River City?????

Postby ScaleCraft » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Of course you know what drivers in states along the borders of Massachusetts call drivers from Massachusetts?

Starts with "Mass.."


Must be related to Brassholes.
Dave....gone by invitation


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests