Page 1 of 1

Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 pm
by 2railjon
I got a chance to convert this to 2 Rail today. I don’t think the MR ever had them on their railroad as it looks like a Pennsy R50B in MR colors. But the detail is awesome as is the paint.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm
by ScaleCraft
?

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 pm
by ScaleCraft
2railjon wrote:I got a chance to convert this to 2 Rail today. I don’t think the MR ever had them on their railroad as it looks like a Pennsy R50B in MR colors. But the detail is awesome as is the paint.
Image

Image

Image


tried copying the individual links an searching....nothing there.

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 pm
by 2railjon
I’d also really love to find an MR heat tender. They were used by electrics to provide steam generated heat to passenger cars. Most were modified tenders. Only one I know of produced in O Scale brass:
Image

Some heat tenders were also modified reefers.
Image

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 pm
by bob turner
"Someday" I shall make a GN car like Pete did. I already have the pair of electrics in GN colors, and some coaches.

Re: Milwaukee Road Express Reefer Conversion

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm
by R.K. Maroon
Here is the steam generator car that Bob is referring to:

Image

I may have posted this photo before, but if so the thread is long gone. My brother Pete did a major kitbash to produce this car, which was used on the Cascade Tunnel electrified division for the Empire Builder and Western Star (and maybe the Fast Mail?). I consider it the crown jewel of my 1949 Empire Builder, which can be seen here in this 2013 video, also posted here before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6UArvAZEOk

Jim