Page 1 of 1

Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm
by 2railjon
I came across this Weaver brass Little Joe with an odd twist. It’s 2 Rail scale but with factory RailSounds which required AC voltage to operate. In the video I explain:
https://youtu.be/GxWgMT32sNw

Image

Image

Image

Re: Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 am
by De Bruin
Interesting video and very nice factory model paint job on this one Jon
(opinion) they were a really a bargain when introduced (if you made the initial reservation)
sturdy and run-able out of the box and looked great!
They still get a lot of love on E Bay too, though I prefer the CSS&SB 800 version as it outlasted the Milw's by 8 plus years.
:mrgreen:

As an aside I landed a factory Weaver RS11 with that Lionel control system, wanting to have at least one
control/sound equipped unit to run my auto parts train with on the modular club's pike where DCC in all "flavors" is more or less the practical standard anymore as opposed to analog. But I could not get around that EMD 567 sound subbing for the nominal 12 cyl 251 on units, and (the real killer) the factory TMC was more than a tad cranky, aka resetting on switches other engines had no issue with. 8^(

Re: Blast From The Not To Distant Past

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:12 am
by 2railjon
Pete,
When Lionel licensed it’s TMCC to other manufacturers they were given only the generic railsounds. As is the case with my Little Joe I can’t tell if the sounds are that of a diesel or a heavy electric! :lol: In any case I’m just thrilled to scratch this engine off my bucket list. The DCS to TMCC tether arrived yesterday and I’m looking forward to installing it on the layout and getting the Joe on the engine roster!
For anyone interested here’s a video on how to integrate TMCC with DCS:
https://youtu.be/lwglG5bwtYY