Page 1 of 1

A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 am
by 2railjon
Who would do this to an Overland Hiawatha?
:shock:
Image

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
I don't know, it could have been painted for Penn Central....

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:13 am
by 2railjon
I’m thinking more like Linus’s pumpkin patch!

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 am
by rex desilets
there was once a VERY rich guy in Australia who bought US brass O scale steam in large quantities and painted them in LMS maroon....

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
rex desilets wrote:there was once a VERY rich guy in Australia ....


There was a young man from Nantucket............

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:03 pm
by Big Jim
2railjon wrote:Who would do this to an Overland Hiawatha?
:shock:

Lionel!!!

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 pm
by rogruth
Big Jim wrote:
2railjon wrote:Who would do this to an Overland Hiawatha?
:shock:

Lionel!!!

I see a lot more like that in the MTH catalogs.

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:48 pm
by ScaleCraft
rogruth wrote:
Big Jim wrote:
2railjon wrote:Who would do this to an Overland Hiawatha?
:shock:

Lionel!!!

I see a lot more like that in the MTH catalogs.

That's because Mikey wants to BE Lionel when he grows up.

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm
by rogruth
ScaleCraft wrote:
rogruth wrote:
Big Jim wrote:Lionel!!!

I see a lot more like that in the MTH catalogs.

That's because Mikey wants to BE Lionel when he grows up.

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 pm
by bob turner
Can somebody post the correct scheme for comparison? As I recall, Weaver did a really nice job.

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 pm
by robert.

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:22 am
by 2railjon
Here’s my Weaver with the correct color scheme:
Image

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:59 am
by rogruth
Beautiful.
In 1948 or 9, I was "allowed" to sit in the observation car of the Hi that was on display at the Chicago Railroad Fair. I went to the fair both years that it was open and dreamed that I was traveling across the country in those trains. I was 14 and 15 years old. Dreams were as close as I got. Never did travel in a big name passenger train. I also would visit the stations in Chicago and walk the platforms (you could do that then) and watch them load. Could walk the length of the train sometimes. I liked to watch the afternoon rush to catch the train home. Just like in the movies.

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 pm
by 2railjon
Sounds like some great memories, Roger!

Re: A Hideous Abomination!

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:12 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
rogruth wrote:Beautiful.
In 1948 or 9, I was "allowed" to sit in the observation car of the Hi that was on display at the Chicago Railroad Fair. I went to the fair both years that it was open and dreamed that I was traveling across the country in those trains. I was 14 and 15 years old. Dreams were as close as I got. Never did travel in a big name passenger train. I also would visit the stations in Chicago and walk the platforms (you could do that then) and watch them load. Could walk the length of the train sometimes. I liked to watch the afternoon rush to catch the train home. Just like in the movies.


Nice!