Page 1 of 1
NWSL New Web site
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 am
by cole7015
Hello to all interested. The new NWSL web site is up and running, from what I can see it is very good.
Most areas have photo''s I hope the are going to make it.
https://nwsl.com/
Regards
Bill Basden Delta Models
Re: NWSL New Web site
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:30 am
by bob turner
Me too. We need gearboxes. Challenger project . . .
Re: NWSL New Web site
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:39 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Good to see activity, but most products I looked at had "photos coming soon" or no products listed....like wheelsets or Magic Carpet drives.
We'll see if they sink or swim.
Re: NWSL New Web site
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:29 pm
by Jay Criswell
From NWSL,
The wait is over, our new website is live! Please give us grace while we continue to add more products (and pictures!!)!!
I'm willing to wait. The enormity of their endeavor is probably far more than any of us can comprehend. Don't wanna wait? Go to China and take your chances!
Bob, they're supposed to be sending me more gearbox cases. They were shown as discontinued not to long ago. Did anything change? Other than now being available, who knows. We'll see. If they still don't fit together well I may have a few cast in brass. Easier to futz with.
Jay
Re: NWSL New Web site
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:05 pm
by bob turner
The plastic can be made to work. A good piece of fine sandpaper over a “D” drill (I have to check that; it may be “J”) will open the case perfectly so it will encase the bearing and give satisfactory worm mesh. The price is right - I figured it would have gone to $80. That’s what happened to Coles Power Models - they sold, and the new owners went nuts with price increases. Killed the business.
Still, the brass is a good idea. The Challenger should be coming in shortly, and I will advance the idea to its owner.