Page 1 of 1

LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:25 pm
by 2railjon
VIDEO:
https://youtu.be/Xo6xX7L7_FQ


Bought a roll of 12 volt LEDs.
Image

Added some bridge rectifiers to keep DC polarity when reversing track power.
Image

Re: LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:20 pm
by De Bruin
Oh Damn! I've got to get some of those light strips for my "Clocker" now.
Well done sir, I sure know what you're dealing with there with those Weaver extruded cars, they can feel like a ship in a bottle.. :wink:
Your mpg shows off the scenery well too, that cantenary looks great.
Wow.
Pete

Re: LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:51 am
by 2railjon
Thanks, Pete!
I bought the roll on EBay. You can cut to length and it has an adhesive back.
Image

Image

I wish I could motivated to finish the catenary!!

Re: LED Lighting Passenger Car Upgrade

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:38 am
by E7
Jon,

Almost as good as sliced bread! :mrgreen: