Page 1 of 2
O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:29 pm
by Chris Webster
O Scale South 2020, the 6th Annual Atlanta O Scale 2 Rail Meet, will be held from 9 AM to 2 PM on February 22, 2020 at the Church of Life Lutheran Church in Roswell, Georgia.
http://www.oscalesouth.com/
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:15 pm
by J. S. Bach
The website/flyer needs a link to a location map. Just a thought. I say that because I absolutely hate driving in or even near Atlanta; I would rather drive in mid-town Manhattan.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 pm
by Chris Webster
J. S. Bach wrote:The website/flyer needs a link to a location map.
Here you go:
Google Map
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:31 pm
by ScaleCraft
I don't know.
Don't take this wrong, but the address listed 1000 hembree road roswell ga, if you put that in google maps, you can see...and that it's at least 24.2 miles north of Hotlanta. Seems like the traffic would drop off by them.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
ScaleCraft wrote:...........it's at least 24.2 miles north of Hotlanta.
Other side of the city from the airport...... Maybe, yes.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm
by ScaleCraft
Which one? ATL International is 6-8 miles south of epicenter downtown. DeKalb-Peachtree is NE of downtown epicenter, but still 10-15 SE of Roswell. Fulton County Airport (Brown Field) is effectively west of Atlanta Epicenter.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:06 pm
by De Bruin
The greater Atlanta area is geographically quite large and yes, the traffic can be awful. The show location is in suburban Roswell and the traffic up that way can be congested, most often at rush hour. Saturday should be fine though, and the show set-up on Friday begins mid-day, well before peak lava flow.
On a related note; the Southern O Scaler's club will be displaying their portable layout at the 57th Atlanta Model Train Show and Sale, an all scales regional show at the Infinite Energy Forum in Duluth Georgia on Saturday August 24th. So if you're so inclined we'd love to see you there.
https://events.ajc.com/event/-h-atlanta ... ufk2ihkpxd
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:43 pm
by E7
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:57 pm
by DaveJfr0
February is a little far away. I rarely visit Atlanta, so I probably can't make it, but I've driven though Roswell and its a nice area.
I'm aiming to be in Atlanta the first weekend of October. Buddy has a place not too far and north of GTech.
Is there anything train-related to see these days in the area? (Nothing is really left of once Southern Railway empire in the area, oh well.)
Will probably end up brewery hopping like I did last September. Atlanta Brewing (the former Red Brick) had a really nice 20th anniversary party.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:34 pm
by Chris Webster
DaveJfr0 wrote:I'm aiming to be in Atlanta the first weekend of October.
I think the
Railroad Model Club of Atlanta is usually open on the first Saturday of every month - check with DeBruin.
Will probably end up brewery hopping like I did last September.
The club is above a distillery and a few steps away from a hipster bar.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 am
by rogruth
If you mean this Roger keep in mind that I am at least 4 hours away from Roswell.

Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:25 pm
by E7
rogruth wrote:If you mean this Roger keep in mind that I am at least 4 hours away from Roswell.

Bummer!

Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:56 pm
by DaveJfr0
Chris Webster wrote:DaveJfr0 wrote:I'm aiming to be in Atlanta the first weekend of October.
I think the
Railroad Model Club of Atlanta is usually open on the first Saturday of every month - check with DeBruin.
Will probably end up brewery hopping like I did last September.
The club is above a distillery and a few steps away from a hipster bar.
Thanks! Looks like David Payne is a member. I'll send him an email.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:00 pm
by J. S. Bach
Chris Webster wrote:J. S. Bach wrote:The website/flyer needs a link to a location map.
Here you go:
Google Map
Thank you.
Re: O Scale South - Atlanta - February 22, 2020
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:46 am
by Chris Webster
E7 wrote:The reality of things is bad math: 1 day show, 2 days drive
There should be layout tours on Sunday, so there are two days of activities.
We keep our costs down by holding the meet in a church hall, which is only available to us on Satuday.