Page 1 of 3
A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 am
by E7
There follows, a link to an old OGR thread. Some interesting stuff in it, and some people posting not often heard from. Note the dates of the posts.
https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/mid ... ly-members
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:09 pm
by up148
Yeah, lots of posters who aren't active any longer or tossed off of OGR. It was a pretty informative forum at that time, but hasn't been that quality in many years IMHO. Lots of guys MIA from here as well. Makes me feel melancholy.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 pm
by De Bruin
Though it's interesting the subject is still pretty timely. Maybe I've missed this entirely but has anyone seen a fully finished RTR six axle EMD SD model from them yet?
To both of your points though, people do seem to be dropping off general topic forums in favor of more specialized pages on FB etc.
I think I understand why, more feedback as in "social media" as it is, as well as age attrition and some folks losing the compulsion to post.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 pm
by bob turner
Yeah - somebody posts a photo of their breakfast, and the whole world "feeds back." I had to block my family! It was either inane, or frighteningly political.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 am
by E7
De Bruin wrote:Though it's interesting the subject is still pretty timely. Maybe I've missed this entirely but has anyone seen a fully finished RTR six axle EMD SD model from them yet?
There was at least one BARE BRASS sample at the last March Meet per a recent "O Scale Resource". I have not seen a "finished" model.
http://marchmeet.net/Pix/2019/More interesting is that I read that the original builder had been let go and MMW had secured their own factory. see 5/31/19 below
http://midwesternmodelworks.com/general-news/De Bruin wrote:To both of your points though, people do drop seem to be dropping off general topic forums in favor of more specialized pages on FB etc.
I think I understand why, more feedback as in "social media" as it is, as well as age attrition and some folks losing the compulsion to post.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:33 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:There was at least one BARE BRASS sample at the last March Meet
Yes, there was - right across the aisle from Lee Marsh's display.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am
by De Bruin
I saw the unfinished car body at the March meet; was very nice, again curious if they have a fully complete rtr prototype yet given the elaborate list of details, goodies and functionality etc of the original spec. Feels like a really long slog not unlike some other top premium brass, nature of the beast I suppose.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:39 am
by E7
Pete,
Check out the 5/31/19 entry on the General News Tab:
http://midwesternmodelworks.com/general-news/Better to have the words direct from the horses mouth.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:16 pm
by 2railjon
He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.

Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:31 pm
by De Bruin
Thanks for link, sounds like sorting out his factory is the primary issue. Should be a hit once they deliver.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:46 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
2railjon wrote:He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.

**** The DDA40X will ONLY be produced in a limited quantity of 50 models. This will also ONLY be available in the premium version due to the low quantity. The model will likely be priced at $6,000 per unit, but it will be fully detailed inside and out as the premium version of the SD40-2 project is to be. Several of these have already been spoken for on a preliminary basis. Several people who have expressed interest have asked about the possibility of getting a Union Pacific SD40-2 in the 8000 series to run with a pair of DD40s as they were most often seen together in the prototype as in the photos below.
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:59 pm
by E7
2railjon wrote:He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.

Jon,
Grab your smelling salts and go to the website and look under the future models tab. The DDA40X is number 1 on the list with 4 asterisks behind it. Scroll down to the 4 *s and the projected price is there.
Rich
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:04 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:2railjon wrote:He mentions the DDA40X project is supported but I couldn’t find a reservation list or cost.

Jon,
Grab your smelling salts and go to the website and look under the future models tab. The DDA40X is number 1 on the list with 4 asterisks behind it. Scroll down to the 4 *s and the projected price is there.
Rich
Yes, I copy & pasted the entire thing just above your post,

Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:09 pm
by E7
Re: A Moldy Oldy
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:12 pm
by De Bruin
Didn't the original Sunset (or maybe Oriental) do a DD40AX? One of my buddies in the Dallas club had one and as I recall it had pretty decent factory drive in it, ran and pulled well and looked pretty good to boot.