Page 1 of 1

Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:14 pm
by rex desilets

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Walthers....then Keil-line.....now Scale City Designs

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:56 pm
by rex desilets
Thanks! Never thought to look there.
If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:40 pm
by E7
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Walthers....then Keil-line.....now Scale City Designs


Keil LIne is now owned by Scale City.

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:47 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Walthers....then Keil-line.....now Scale City Designs


Keil LIne is now owned by Scale City.


That's why I wrote now Scale City Designs, :wink:

If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?


Miapoxy(Freemans) makes a clear resin that I've never had a good excuse to test. Recasting for your personal use is generally considered acceptable albeit technically not.

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm
by E7
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:That's why I wrote now Scale City Designs, :wink:


I was bedazzled by that beauty??? in you avatar and did not see the "now"! :mrgreen:

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
E7 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:That's why I wrote now Scale City Designs, :wink:


I was bedazzled by that beauty??? in you avatar and did not see the "now"! :mrgreen:


Happy Easter!

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 pm
by rex desilets
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?


Miapoxy(Freemans) makes a clear resin that I've never had a good excuse to test. Recasting for your personal use is generally considered acceptable albeit technically not.
Aware of that. If the miniature lamps were available in a clear plastic, I'd order them..

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

If one were to recast these in a clear plastic so as to light them, what would your recommendation for a resin be?


Miapoxy(Freemans) makes a clear resin that I've never had a good excuse to test. Recasting for your personal use is generally considered acceptable albeit technically not.
Aware of that. If the miniature lamps were available in a clear plastic, I'd order them..


Call Scale City and ask them to cast them in clear resin? Berkshire Valley also had some lamps, but last I looked still solid castings, but I think available pre-painted.

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:20 am
by rex desilets
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

Call Scale City and ask them to cast them in clear resin? <snip>
I'll contact Scale City. I doubt, however, that,as I suspect, their metal casting process would be compatible with resin casting. Still, interesting idea.

Re: Table lamps

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:58 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:<snip>

Call Scale City and ask them to cast them in clear resin? <snip>
I'll contact Scale City. I doubt, however, that,as I suspect, their metal casting process would be compatible with resin casting. Still, interesting idea.


Pretty sure that they do some resin casting work; spin cast molds will work with resin, but whether they will or not do it is something else entirely.