Page 1 of 1

For You Guys who can't decide what GAUGE!

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:04 am
by E7
I stumbled across this elsewhere, maybe they are real life P48 Buffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGH5SV4JpH4

Re: For You Guys who can't decide what GAUGE!

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:19 am
by rex desilets
Why? I wonder.

Re: For You Guys who can't decide what GAUGE!

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:24 pm
by E7
rex desilets wrote:Why? I wonder.


I thought the same thing. Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese. It would seem to me that the narrower the track, the less stable the train would be.

Guessing maybe it has something to do with speed, as in top speed. Every wheel set on the train would need to telescope. Maybe they are saving money on the cross ties. Seems like the answer has to be tied to the almighty Yen! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Money, no matter the format, always seems to be the driving factor.