Druck trolley 17/64ths

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: Druck trolley 17/64ths

Postby bob turner » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:34 am

I spent part of my childhood on those things. Baltimore still had Peter Witt cars when I was in 5th grade. Eight cents one way to school.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 am

bob turner wrote:Baltimore still had Peter Witt cars when I was in 5th grade.

The Williams by Bachmann Witt is based on 6119 at the Baltimore Streetcar Museum and is a very accurate copy. An acquaintance of mine took the car out of the barn for the Bachmann people and they spent almost eight hours measuring and photographing it. They only made one real error that I can see; the two windows (one on each side) that are the first to start at the rear of the car are curved on the model and flat on the prototype. All of the window glass on the Baltimore Witts is flat. Also note that Baltimore was the only purchaser of the Witt design to have that two-window flat front, most others had a curved three-window front.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:13 pm

do we want to get into Botchman and adherence to prototype especially in these cars?

Just asking.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Nice PCC's Dave. That R&T is the one I'm thinking of; I had one with Wagner power and traded it along with some rolling stock for an un built Ken Kidder OE four truck freight steeple cab. It was a good deal but always regretted letting that PCC go. The Corgi is no slouch either.
Hmmmmm, tempting.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:22 pm

De Bruin wrote:Nice PCC's Dave. That R&T is the one I'm thinking of; I had one with Wagner power and traded it along with some rolling stock for an un built Ken Kidder OE four truck freight steeple cab. It was a good deal but always regretted letting that PCC go. The Corgi is no slouch either.
Hmmmmm, tempting.

The Corgi is, well, nice but it is way too small at 1/50. Look for an R&T if you decide to get a PCC.

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 am

J. S. Bach wrote:Speaking of cast Al bodies, I have at least nine of these Gryzna (sp?) Philadelphia Suburban cars, although only three are painted and four are (or can be) powered. And, yes, I know that they (all of them) need windows. 11 is on the wrong trucks and will eventually shed them to another body that will represent an Illinois Terminal streamliner with a little bit of work like filling in the rear door for one.

100_8704.JPG

100_8700.JPG

100_8707.JPG

Hello Dave

Just found this old thread and posting you made back in Dec. 2018. I KNOW that loop module - I did the scenic and detail work on it for the owner, "J. B." (you know well whom "he" is ..heh) -- and that's typical of his very sloppy trolley wire construction -- which is why his few trolley's that can even run anymore, constantly dewire - de-pole from the lumpy overhead which he is legend for ! Anyway, you model looks great on that loop, which was up in the 2nd flood dungeon .

Regards - Joe F

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:05 pm

Tell me about that wire! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”