Page 1 of 1

Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 am
by 2railjon

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:10 am
by rex desilets
Didn't see what the caliber is...
Anyway, better than piss-ant revolvers, the site also sells machine guns/parts.

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:33 pm
by rogruth
rex desilets wrote:Didn't see what the caliber is...
Anyway, better than piss-ant revolvers, the site also sells machine guns/parts.

Huh? That is a revolver, isn't it?

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:28 am
by rex desilets
Yup, a revolver of unknown (to me) caliber.
For personal protection I like an operating machine gun. :lol:

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:22 pm
by 2railjon
Did y’all see the price?
$11,495. :shock:

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm
by rogruth
2railjon wrote:Did y’all see the price?
$11,495. :shock:

If I had that much to use any way I want, it would be on trains.
Not guns or roses.

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 pm
by rex desilets
rogruth wrote:
2railjon wrote:Did y’all see the price?
$11,495. :shock:

If I had that much to use any way I want, it would be on trains.
Not guns or roses.
Yup. You could spend it on a Kohs something-or-other :lol:

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 am
by bob turner
As most of you know, I am the token liberal around here. I don't shoot things. I am for regulation.

That said, I can appreciate fine art. My Model 94 and my 20-gauge pump from 1912 went to my brother. I still have an unfinished cap and ball revolver with brass receiver that looks a little like that, only 20 times more elegant. Oh, and a .44 Ruger that could easily be a cowboy revolver. Such things are indeed art. I shoulda bought a repro model 73 with engraving when Winchester re-did them.

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:21 am
by De Bruin
I like "furin" mil-surp revolvers.
My absolute favorite is a "lambs-foot" M-89 Bodeo 10.5, small but "big."
I also have a Tula Nagant, surprisingly accurate and balanced though the ammo is $$$

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 am
by rogruth
rex desilets wrote:
rogruth wrote:
2railjon wrote:Did y’all see the price?
$11,495. :shock:

If I had that much to use any way I want, it would be on trains.
Not guns or roses.
Yup. You could spend it on a Kohs something-or-other :lol:

Nah. It wouldn't run on my layout.
Most likely I would buy Lionel and Menards.

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:38 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
2railjon wrote:Did y’all see the price?
$11,495. :shock:


It's only money......knock over a few Wa-wa's and you're good to go........

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 pm
by rex desilets
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
2railjon wrote:Did y’all see the price?
$11,495. :shock:


It's only money......knock over a few Wa-wa's and you're good to go........
THAT is an obscure reference...unless you hail from that end of the world.
A couple of years ago my bride and I flew back to Philly for a visit, got in really late. I95 to I476 to Lancaster Ave and starving. But..there was a Wawa and we got GREAT sandwiches. Love Wawa.

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:37 am
by HONDO74
You'll probably never NEED a gun. I hope you never do. But IF you do, you will need it worse than anything you've ever needed in your life.

Re: Holster Up And Protect Your RR!

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 am
by rex desilets
:!: