Page 1 of 1

Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:04 pm
by ScaleCraft
Anybody need any? Had some, found a drawer with seven more.
I use Tenshodo, Kemtron, and whatever else, and have enough of those to build three layouts, so don't need Pioneers.

Hate to just throw them.

Re: Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:08 pm
by J. S. Bach
I have a couple, they seem big and powerful enough to throw a prototype switch. :mrgreen: I am interested in them.

Re: Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:20 pm
by ScaleCraft
Woody (JW) Mathews told me once he would set them up to throw all four sets of points in a double crossover.
I have more in another box...need to dig them out and give you a count.

Tied up for 3-4 hours, so nothing until then.

Re: Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:03 pm
by J. S. Bach
Thank you. I will check back tomorrow.

Re: Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:28 am
by ScaleCraft
Can't (yet) find any more...I may have consolidated some time ago. Two sets of instructions! Some have the add-on contacts on one end for whatever...power routing, signals...diving klaxons....

Message me your address.

Re: Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am
by J. S. Bach
PM sent.

Re: Pioneer switch machines

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:30 am
by J. S. Bach
J. S. Bach wrote:I have a couple, they seem big and powerful enough to throw a prototype switch. :mrgreen: I am interested in them.

The Pioneers arrived yesterday in fine shape, thank you, but they are not the type that I referenced (as far as throwing a prototype switch) in my above post. I do have some Pioneers here, a few in their original boxes but oddly none of those have the instruction sheet. The ones referenced above had coils about twice the size of the Pioneers' coils and the coils were covered with black material (insulating tape, maybe?). We had a few installed on the Tractioneers layout and you could feel them throw through the layout table when operated. A good, solid "clunk" and I think that they were operated at 18 VAC or so. Very powerful and positive action! BTW, I am not talking about the Walthers flat-coil machines, these had round coils like the Pioneers.