Page 1 of 2
Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:34 pm
by E7
Here are a few for starts;
The Midwestern Model Works SD45's? i have no skin in the game, but all the ranting and raving at the beginning was sort of amusing if you had a sadistic streak. I see where they have a project to do all the NS heritage units! Can't imagine how much that would cost, or how long until finished. Good Luck!
The Key Model Imports factory that burned......did they find an alternate facility?
Maybe most important, the Atlas factory that closed.......probably more important because they are a source of entry level stuff.
Today's show at Strasburg?
Rich
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:03 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Strasburg - good show today; managed to sell off a good amount is everything...
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:56 pm
by bob turner
Ask on NK. If the thread does not get erased, you will hear that MMW has a production model on display; the first shipment of deliverables is imminent, and other variants of EMD products are not far in the future. Same as last year.
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:51 pm
by E7
bob turner wrote: Same as last year.
Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob?

Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 pm
by rogruth
E7 wrote:bob turner wrote: Same as last year.
Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob?

Hmmm. Just sounds as if he is stating a fact. ???
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 am
by E7
rogruth wrote:E7 wrote:bob turner wrote: Same as last year.
Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob?

Hmmm. Just sounds as if he is stating a fact. ???
I suggest you ask Bob. I thought he was being sarcastic when he stated "same as last year"since a "first" shipment can only occur once, not two years running.
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
rogruth wrote:E7 wrote:bob turner wrote: Same as last year.
Is that a bit of sarcasm there Bob?

Hmmm. Just sounds as if he is stating a fact. ???
I thought so......
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm
by bob turner
I guess it was sort of sarcastic. Am I wrong? Are they shipping? Are the customers pleased?
I have met the guy - he is earnest, talented, and probably quite honest. He never joins in on the discussions about how wonderful all this will be. Still, his fans are rabid when anyone asks for a realistic assessment. Rich is correct; it sure has been quiet on this topic. I bet it has been pushed back another year. Hope I am wrong.
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
bob turner wrote:I guess it was sort of sarcastic. Am I wrong? Are they shipping? Are the customers pleased?
No, but ok.
Unknown...
Hard to answer given that they are ecstatic before actually receiving anything.
I have met the guy - he is earnest, talented, and probably quite honest. He never joins in on the discussions about how wonderful all this will be. Still, his fans are rabid when anyone asks for a realistic assessment. Rich is correct; it sure has been quiet on this topic. I bet it has been pushed back another year. Hope I am wrong.
Agreed
He is wise in his avoidance of interactions
His fans might qualify as cultists
Quiet? Mercifully so..
If so, unfortunate.
Insouciant
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:50 pm
by Jay Criswell
When I talked to him about his rabid fans and all the hype he kind of just shrugged and said something to the effect, I haven't got time for all that, I've got work to do. I think what I like best about Erik (or is it Eric, damn, I can never remember) is his willingness to share how and what he's doing but to also compliment others on their endeavors (that would be me, in this case). A good guy and someone I consider a friend.
Jay
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:42 pm
by bob turner
If Martin were really insouciant, he would not be taking time to comment. I believe this saga is one of the more interesting things in O Scale lately. I often join in with opinions, even though I do not plan on investing in that class of model. I think such models advance the hobby, even if only one short production run is the result. See KTM USA for an example, or the Bultmann models. All worthwhile, but ultimately not commercially successful.
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 pm
by E7
Whatever the case, I sincerely hope Erik does well. O scale brass importers are an endangered species.
Rich
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:41 am
by LarryK
...like a bunch of gossipy old women...
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:52 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
bob turner wrote:If Martin were really insouciant, he would not be taking time to comment.
You choose to misunderstand. I am insouciant to your "Hope I am wrong".
He will or will not deliver and folks will or will not be pleased. There will be detractors after delivery; regardless of importer perfection is not reached and complaints will be made. The proportionality of the latter 2 camps will determine his future.
Time for pancakes.
Re: Anyone hear anything about........
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:03 pm
by E7
LarryK wrote:...like a bunch of gossipy old women...
It's TOY TRAINS, ain't no macho to be had....welcome to the so-ing circle.