Page 1 of 1
Feebay The Price is RIGHT!
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:29 pm
by E7
Re: Feebay The Price is RIGHT!
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:36 pm
by ScaleCraft
"possible Sunset Models? 2-8-0 H10? sold as parts, or for repair."
Sand cast.....yeah, right...and wood.....oh, dear.
Usually when you see a decoupled driver there is a problem. Like clapped out rods/crankpins, axles/bearings....no way of knowing in this instance.
Not bad, but with shipping, more than I want to invest with missing motor, unknown wear issues.....
Re: Feebay The Price is RIGHT!
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:11 pm
by bob turner
CLW. I would leap on it for twice the current bid, and I already have four.
Re: Feebay The Price is RIGHT!
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:22 pm
by ScaleCraft
bob turner wrote:CLW. I would leap on it for twice the current bid, and I already have four.
So, are (Sunset!) CLW 2-8-0's known for issues requiring decoupling?
Re: Feebay The Price is RIGHT!
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:02 am
by bob turner
No, but even without drivers this is $100 worth. Opinion. Drivers are glass-filled plastic, molded in quarter.