Page 1 of 2
bulkhead flat
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:10 pm
by Bob Anson
can anyone id this car to maker and railroad. photo would be awesome.
Bob Anson
Jax, FL
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 pm
by R.K. Maroon
Beeman's Railcraft. This is a scan from the Railcraft section of a pre-ware Model Railroad Shop (Dunellen, NJ) catalog.

- Railcraft B&O Bulkhead Flatcar.JPG (90.11 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
Your model is as nice as any I have seen of these. They are tinplate and most you see have a good amount of corrosion.
Jim
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 pm
by bob turner
I have one of those. I shot it with red lead to inhibit corrosion.
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:30 am
by Bob Anson
thanks guys really appreciate the picture. now if I can find a clean shot will make decals for it.
Bob
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:28 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Looks just like one I was bidding on recently on eBay,

Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:41 am
by Bob Anson
yup...
Bob
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am
by stephen neill
I have a kit, actually I have 3 of them. One has Railcraft decals and a picture (and a blueprint dated 1940). Bob, do you want to make your decals as a copy of the Railcraft decals, or are you going for accuracy to the prototype? I will loan you whatever you want, Rufus, we can talk. Also, I would like to see the Ebay listing. Does anyone have pictures of the prototype?
Steve
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am
by Bob Anson
ebay item number 113109458527
and here are both, don't know if the ebay #will work or not. I would really like to see the decals, can you scan a copy? im after all the tiny lettering that cant make out.
Bob
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 am
by Bob Anson
a friend over on Facebook found an old article on this car. can post pix if interested.
Bob
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 am
by Rufus T. Firefly
Bob Anson wrote:a friend over on Facebook found an old article on this car. can post pix if interested.
Bob
Yes. Please do.
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:23 am
by Bob Anson

- flat.jpg (57.39 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 am
by Bob Anson
could you post pic of decals?
Bob
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:52 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
Thanks for posting up all the photos and information!
Stephen will have to provide a scan of the decals..........I'd like that as well. And, if you are going to make or get some made, I'd be interested in acquiring a set or 2.
Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm
by ScaleCraft
I really like this one. Concentration...remote shutter...and ignoring the viewfinder completely.
Maybe that's part of the concentration....

Re: bulkhead flat
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm
by stephen neill
here is a pic of the decals Steve