bulkhead flat
bulkhead flat
can anyone id this car to maker and railroad. photo would be awesome.
Bob Anson
Jax, FL
Bob Anson
Jax, FL
- Attachments
-
- bulkhead flat.jpg (130.71 KiB) Viewed 5704 times
- R.K. Maroon
- Posts: 3136
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm
Re: bulkhead flat
Beeman's Railcraft. This is a scan from the Railcraft section of a pre-ware Model Railroad Shop (Dunellen, NJ) catalog.
Your model is as nice as any I have seen of these. They are tinplate and most you see have a good amount of corrosion.
Jim
Your model is as nice as any I have seen of these. They are tinplate and most you see have a good amount of corrosion.
Jim
The link below any photo will display the image full size
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: bulkhead flat
I have one of those. I shot it with red lead to inhibit corrosion.
Re: bulkhead flat
thanks guys really appreciate the picture. now if I can find a clean shot will make decals for it.
Bob
Bob
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: bulkhead flat
Looks just like one I was bidding on recently on eBay, 
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
stephen neill
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 pm
Re: bulkhead flat
I have a kit, actually I have 3 of them. One has Railcraft decals and a picture (and a blueprint dated 1940). Bob, do you want to make your decals as a copy of the Railcraft decals, or are you going for accuracy to the prototype? I will loan you whatever you want, Rufus, we can talk. Also, I would like to see the Ebay listing. Does anyone have pictures of the prototype?
Steve
Steve
Re: bulkhead flat
ebay item number 113109458527
and here are both, don't know if the ebay #will work or not. I would really like to see the decals, can you scan a copy? im after all the tiny lettering that cant make out.
Bob
and here are both, don't know if the ebay #will work or not. I would really like to see the decals, can you scan a copy? im after all the tiny lettering that cant make out.
Bob
- Attachments
-
- bo106649amm.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 5490 times
Re: bulkhead flat
a friend over on Facebook found an old article on this car. can post pix if interested.
Bob
Bob
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: bulkhead flat
Bob Anson wrote:a friend over on Facebook found an old article on this car. can post pix if interested.
Bob
Yes. Please do.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: bulkhead flat
- Attachments
-
- .facebook_1531772570229.jpg (79.78 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
-
- .facebook_1531771804787.jpg (105.14 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
-
- .facebook_1531771724415.jpg (39.13 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
-
- .facebook_1531771686774.jpg (67.91 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
-
- .facebook_1531771634472.jpg (79.29 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
-
- .facebook_1531771569659.jpg (39.98 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
-
- .facebook_1531770566588.jpg (94.08 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
Re: bulkhead flat
could you post pic of decals?
Bob
Bob
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: bulkhead flat
Thanks for posting up all the photos and information!
Stephen will have to provide a scan of the decals..........I'd like that as well. And, if you are going to make or get some made, I'd be interested in acquiring a set or 2.
Stephen will have to provide a scan of the decals..........I'd like that as well. And, if you are going to make or get some made, I'd be interested in acquiring a set or 2.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: bulkhead flat
I really like this one. Concentration...remote shutter...and ignoring the viewfinder completely.
Maybe that's part of the concentration....

Maybe that's part of the concentration....
Dave....gone by invitation
-
stephen neill
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 pm
Re: bulkhead flat
here is a pic of the decals Steve
- Attachments
-
- decal1.jpg (48.04 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 68 guests