Page 1 of 1

on trainz site

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:01 pm
by Bob Anson
So did anybody bid on the Trainz site last night and win?? I saw the 4-12-2 Jerry White went for over $1900, not bad... I really wanted to win a couple of the building auctions they were from the late Joe Fiore of Birmingham layout. still see some items from his layout but no buildings of interest.
SO I say did anybody win???
Bob Anson
Jacksonville, FL

Re: on trainz site

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 pm
by hibar
I picked up the Custom Brass 5701 covered hopper lettered GATX, the second one with OB went for less but still reasonable some of the brass was mislabeled I believe there was a Toby covered hopper in a CB box and that's what they called it mine was just called a brass hopper, obviously they were unaware of the drives in some of the steamers although I believe each engine had full picture sets, I did not actually look into any of those, the OM UP coaling went very low although it needed some work.

Re: on trainz site

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 pm
by stephen neill
I was 2nd on the 4-12-2 and second on a building. I will watch Trainz for future items.

Re: on trainz site

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 pm
by Wolf
I was second as well on a building (the Tallow plant).

I also won a collection of buildings (the one with several tanks
as well as a loading dock, a warehouse and the General Light & Power
substation with that incongruous smokestack stuck on the roof)

So those were buildings off the layout of Joe Fiore of Birmingham?

Re: on trainz site

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 pm
by bob turner
I almost bid on a "Trainz" MTH Bipolar that went for $300 and change. I shall capture one soon.

Re: on trainz site

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:04 pm
by Bob Anson
Yup, those were from Joe's layout. check out his youtube video, you will find most of the buildings were his. I tried to pick one up but was outbid at every effort.
Bob Anson
Jacksonville, FL

Re: on trainz site

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:58 am
by hibar
Checked out the video of Joe's layout, very impressive it would appear that Trainz had only a small amount of all the models that appeared to be on the layout and wall shelves.