Exacta Open Platform Psgr Car Kits

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Carey Williams

Re: Exacta Open Platform Psgr Car Kits

Postby Carey Williams » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Hello all

Steve was nice to show me some of the Robico kits at Indy ....good looking little cars .... I found an ad today in Toy Trains fall edition 1954 ...Robico being marketed to the tinplate world .... the Thomas American had just been introduced so perhaps they thought they could get a cut of the action ...as the little Robico cars just would not quite look right being pulled by a Lionel turbine .
Leonard Blum was discounting them discounting them by 1957 .... so they may not have been big sellers . ....

Cheers Carey

IMG_5814.JPG
IMG_5814.JPG (2.77 MiB) Viewed 2218 times

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Carey,

The kits I have came with O Scale (2R) trucks so I don't believe the tinplate (3R) crowd was their only target.

Robico did a lot of cool stuff in HO. For a while they even marketed the Lindsay 4 wheel industrial switcher. They were both in SOCAL.

Jay

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:00 pm

The embossed ends and sides on Carey's car are a really nice feature.

stephen neill

Postby stephen neill » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 am

Rufus - I had the Robico cars at Indy; Carey and I were looking at them before the show. I had meant to show them to you and discuss them; one of several things I didn't get done at the show. I'll PM you on them.
Steve

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:12 am

stephen neill wrote:Rufus - I had the Robico cars at Indy; Carey and I were looking at them before the show. I had meant to show them to you and discuss them; one of several things I didn't get done at the show. I'll PM you on them.
Steve

Ok.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”