Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
J. S. Bach

Re: Yet Another Shameless Self Promotion

Postby J. S. Bach » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:57 pm

Same as Sarge, I see the whole album.

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:04 pm

Geez, the one titled My Bucket goes back a ways. Lots of duplicates, or doubles. I haven't looked at it in a long, long time. Probably should clean it up a little.

Jay

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:11 pm

sarge wrote:Jay, clicking on the last link gets me access to your entire library, it looks like, six or seven categories such as New Drives, Carworks HH660, Centercab, &c.

That very last link that Jay posted does provide the entire library. The prior ones were individuals

Geez, the one titled My Bucket goes back a ways. Lots of duplicates, or doubles. I haven't looked at it in a long, long time. Probably should clean it up a little.

That used to be the one that held duplicates when you uploaded stuff - they may or not be actual duplicates so be careful about deleting any
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 pm

Opened the big Dell computer. All show up beautifully. Nice work. So do you get to assemble all those Baldwin trucks? I have done one set, and it felt like it took a week to put all those levers and brake shoes on, let alone the journal boxes.

I am really getting impressed with your Delrin chain transmissions. Time for me to upgrade my Diesel fleet. I take it you like these better than the timing belts?

Jay Criswell

Postby Jay Criswell » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:53 pm

Bob,

No, Lou is building the trucks but I think he was hoping I'd volunteer to help out. I looked at them an proceeded to pretend I didn't hear him. Yeah, whoever created them didn't think through assembly.

I still like the timing belts and pulleys but the sprockets & chains are more forgiving when working with adjustments and tension. Less chance they'll get screwed up after they leave here. Sprockets, cast in brass make boring to the proper diameter much easier than the pulleys. Both are fine but using the gear head motors is the critical part. Belts and chain make noise at higher RPMs. Lower them and the issue is mitigated. Obviously cuts down on wear too.

Jay

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:35 am

Artes mechanicae :D
Love it.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Bob Turner, I was looking today at some ancient "O Scale News" and came across your "Malley" series. Good work!

Dan Weinhold

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”