Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
sleepmac
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Postby sleepmac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:19 pm

Bob, would you have any getting in touch info for Henning? Thank you.

Dan Weinhold


User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Postby robert. » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:20 pm

I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

sleepmac
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Postby sleepmac » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:12 am

Thank you Bob and Robert.

Dan Weinhold

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Postby bob turner » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Obviously under construction. That diagonal line of rivets is exceedingly difficult to do with my setup - maybe some paint will tone it down a bit. This one was originally a cab in back, but I grew quite bored with it that way.

Image
Image
Last edited by bob turner on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:43 am

.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Projects: Skytop, Lionel sideframes, possible 2-8-8-2

Postby bob turner » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Neither. I stuck in an ancient photo of the real thing. Kinda hoping my buddy Harold Broadbelt doesn't mind - he was always quick to allow use, as long as his name was attached and he got a copy.

There is a bunch of junk that occupies some of that space. What I am a bit more worried about is whether I matched the side rods - I think I did, but the counterweights look a bit off. The castings are from my patterns, so I suppose I could plug and re-drill if I did not do it correctly the first time - two decades ago.

I was looking at those diagonal rivets -I can make a tool to flatten them out, maybe. Couple pieces of wood and a c-clamp. Maybe tonight, along with some steps.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests