.

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby 2railjon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
sarge
Posts: 5138
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Dungfield Manor

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby sarge » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Jon:

Send it up and I'll sort it.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby 2railjon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:04 pm

You’re a good fellow, Sarge! :D
Running that red block Charlie.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby E7 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Jon,

The flat cars are most impressive!

Rich

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:20 pm

2railjon wrote:
Forgot just like I forgot about that caboose........ :roll: :roll: :roll:


Rufus, if you need the Cumberland Caboose back on your roster, it would be my pleasure to ship it back to you at no charge. You are a wonderful friend and I would be happy to accommodate you.
You’ll have to PM your address this time!
:wink:


Goodness, no, no, no!

I have no need of anything for my roster and if anything, a greater need to thin the shelves, and boxes & crates on the floor. Once I get through the next stage of my layout scenery work, I'll be able to get back into building cars and such.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby robert. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
2railjon wrote:
Forgot just like I forgot about that caboose........ :roll: :roll: :roll:


Rufus, if you need the Cumberland Caboose back on your roster, it would be my pleasure to ship it back to you at no charge. You are a wonderful friend and I would be happy to accommodate you.
You’ll have to PM your address this time!
:wink:


Goodness, no, no, no!

I have no need of anything for my roster and if anything, a greater need to thin the shelves, and boxes & crates on the floor. Once I get through the next stage of my layout scenery work, I'll be able to get back into building cars and such.

What prompted a collection of unneeded stuff?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm

robert. wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
2railjon wrote:
Rufus, if you need the Cumberland Caboose back on your roster, it would be my pleasure to ship it back to you at no charge. You are a wonderful friend and I would be happy to accommodate you.
You’ll have to PM your address this time!
:wink:


Goodness, no, no, no!

I have no need of anything for my roster and if anything, a greater need to thin the shelves, and boxes & crates on the floor. Once I get through the next stage of my layout scenery work, I'll be able to get back into building cars and such.

What prompted a collection of unneeded stuff?


It was "need" or "want" once upon a time, directions change, focus tightens, and then I also build a lot of cars just for my fun. Once built, an article maybe written, and the fun ends. Sometimes I will build 2-3 of the same car in parallel for an article and then when done, I have 3 x's the number I really thought I needed when in fact 5-10 years later the number needed was 0. Similar story on structures. I also buy stuff for product reviews and then when done, those items are no longer needed.

Sometimes I just give the extras away to deserving souls. It's been known and documented to happen.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby robert. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Fair enough. It's funny how life brings us an overabundance of stuff. 10 years later you look and say ' what was i thinking?'
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:11 pm

robert. wrote:Fair enough. It's funny how life brings us an overabundance of stuff. 10 years later you look and say ' what was i thinking?'


I regularly take inventory and purge. It's disturbing. Wait. Were we still talking about model trains?
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

Tom Dempsey
Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:16 pm

robert. wrote:10 years later you look and say ' what was i thinking?'


It rarely takes me anywhere near that long.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby 2railjon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:41 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Nicely "rustic" and distressed deck.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby 2railjon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you, Rufus!
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby 2railjon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:56 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: The Mad ERIE Project Has Begun!

Postby 2railjon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:57 pm

.
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun May 27, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running that red block Charlie.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests