up148 wrote:GreggL wrote:eBay also has a new policy for transferring money to the buyer. It is no longer a simple PayPal transaction. You give them access to your bank account and they always take several days before transfer (think float).
I am pretty much done selling on eBay. It's too much hassle for the seller and the amount of vig they charge is outrageous.
...gregg
eBay keeps raising fees and is pretty expensive to sell (10%) and with the PP fees (13%) total. PP has my bank account and AMEX CC info, but I'm thinking twice about that and not about to give it EB this info with all the ID theft these days. I started selling on EB in 1998 and I was spoiled, as fees back then were 3%.
eBay is the cheapest game in town. Most auctions charge 18 percent to the seller and 20-28 to the buyer. Plus more if you pay buy credit card. With more added on if they have to pack it for you.
