Maroon and Gold

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:46 am

Robert wrote:I am not a collector, I am a prototype modeler. This helps me to keep my purchases under control. If a locomotive is not of my chosen road and era, I simply do not buy. Same applies to rolling stock and having a specific era keeps me from owning one or more of everything with flanged wheels. This simple approach aids in keeping my hobby expenditures under control.


I make some effort within those dimensions, but if everyone did, the hobby just might go belly up overnight, :mrgreen:
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:46 am

2railjon wrote:Holy s**t, Rufus!! That’s a issue right there!!!! :lol:


The horror, the horror............
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby bob turner » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm

I had to go look. A simple but ultimately amusing thread about a crayon hopper caused such mental anguish that the censors locked it. Nobody launched any attacks on anybody else except maybe Lionel.

Robert is lucky. I am a builder and collector. I try to keep it under control, but so far I have been unsuccessful. That lack of success has not diminished my hobby enjoyment at all.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42164
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:09 pm

bob turner wrote:I had to go look. A simple but ultimately amusing thread about a crayon hopper caused such mental anguish that the censors locked it. Nobody launched any attacks on anybody else except maybe Lionel.


Locked now? Oh, dear....
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:32 pm

Well, y’all know me well enough by now to know I’m not going to confine myself to one era or one specific RR. It’s a big tent!
:D
Image

Image

Image

Image
Running that red block Charlie.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Being very selective and strict, I've confined my interests to the 20th century and the Eastern 1/2 of the USA.

If the lottery hits, ALL bets are off! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby bob turner » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:21 pm

I can see that. My favorite E7 paint schemes are east of the Mississippi - that Maine road, NYC, Lehigh Valley, PRR, B&O, ACL, and Central of Ga. I like them better than my favorite railroads UP and SP.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby rogruth » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Jon,
Beautiful stuff.
I don't particularly care for streamlined steam locos but that Milwaukie Hiawatha has always been a favorite.
I think it is an odd collection of colors put together in the right way.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby bob turner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 pm

The Weaver Hudson was in the same class - never cared much for full shrouds, but that was a spectacular model!

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby rogruth » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm

bob turner wrote:The Weaver Hudson was in the same class - never cared much for full shrouds, but that was a spectacular model!

Yes and the Hudson had some small differences I think.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 pm

I can do shrouded Hudson’s
Image

Or un-shrouded!
Image
Running that red block Charlie.

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby bob turner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:14 am

Me too. Mine has the firebox unshrouded.

User avatar
robert.
Posts: 6010
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby robert. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

It would be funny to make it a rocket car. Crayons flying everywhere. After a year in attic storage you’ Have a crayon puddle.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby E7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:However, I think I do need a Crayola Crayon car now.


There is an excellent topic on the subject over on OGR, but you are going to have to SUBSTANTIALLY lower your IQ to get invloved! :mrgreen:

My personal thought is Nay-ola to the Crayola! :mrgreen:

I can't decide if it's the crayons or the heads that are too fat, but I'm leaning toward the latter. :mrgreen:

bob turner
Posts: 13647
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Maroon and Gold

Postby bob turner » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:57 pm

I thought they locked it. Too subversive. Maybe they were talking about launching rockets.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 99 guests