GP9 Project

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
up148
Posts: 4759
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: GP9 Project

Postby up148 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:28 pm

Made a little progress. I had to cut up a new AN chassis for a better fit. The 1st chassis was just to confirm this would work and it had cutout errors. It still sits a skosh too high, but there's not much room to play with underneath. The compormises made by Atlas to the RC chassis in order to accomodate their drives and DCC were many. But, I'm happy with where it's going.


Image

Image

Image
Last edited by up148 on Wed Sep 16, 2026 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42168
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: GP9 Project

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 16, 2026 4:32 pm

up148 wrote: But, I'm happy with where it's going.


There's what's important, :!:
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.

up148
Posts: 4759
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: GP9 Project

Postby up148 » Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:11 pm

Got lucky on cooling piping as I mentioned in another thread. These piping assembles were donated from a 3rd Rail NP Z5 shell I bought on EB for parts. Little did I know they would be used on a diesel projuct, but they are close to perfect....even the little tabs on top of some of the brackers can be shaped to duplicate the UP installation.

Image

User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Posts: 42168
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
Location: To be Determined

Re: GP9 Project

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:50 am

Nice salvage and re-purposing of parts!
We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.

86TA355SR
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Re: GP9 Project

Postby 86TA355SR » Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:38 am

Nice work, Butch. You’re certainly busy with the many projects you are working on.

up148
Posts: 4759
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: GP9 Project

Postby up148 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:52 am

Thanks guys. I have a lot of projects going, but I don't get as much done as I would like. It seems after a couple of hours I get drawn to something else or just don't want to concentrate that hard.

I contacted CMR 3D as they have an HO "B" insert kit to see if they would do one in O. They seem interested yesterday or at least asked the right questions, but waiting to hear if they want to take this on.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 105 guests