NOT model railroad related

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

NOT model railroad related

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:38 pm

Tomorrow is a significant anniversary. Exactly one year ago, on 03JUN, the Oncologist gave his diagnosis.
Still walking and talking.
Dave....gone by invitation

gregj410
Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby gregj410 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:07 pm

I’m happy for you. I hope one year turns to 2 and 3 and 4 and so on. All the best to you Dave!

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby ScaleCraft » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:25 pm

Initially found by a Urologist, who said "one year".
Passed me off to the Oncologist.
Initial scans and tests, he said 2-4.
Next round of deep bone scans and tests, 3-4.
I responded so well to treatment, he said 6-8, looked me right in the eye, and said "but most of my patients go a LOT longer."
Tired. 23 years of Fibromyalgia, and now a year of oral chemo and shots, I'm wearing my recliner out.
Dealing with B/P excursions, think we have it.
Last Friday morning, had to drive north to check on a title validity, had weird tunnel vision on the way home. Edges were faceted and quite colorful. B/P on arrival home was 60/40.
Changed up meds, went to 185/95. Now we have stabilized to normal.
Dave....gone by invitation

gregj410
Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby gregj410 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:49 pm

How old are you? What type of cancer?

bob turner
Posts: 13649
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby bob turner » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:23 am

I second Greg's first post. They are making serious advances in treatment.

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:42 am

74 tomorrow. Yes, I got the diagnosis on my birthday!
Prostate. February last year, PSA was 5. Been normal for 25 years.
I had a kidney stone year before, saw a Urologist, follow up in May of last year. PSA was 33.
Oncologist said 39.5. Aggressive, all they would say.
Pelvis, left femur, spine metastasis.
They tell me the treatment stopped that, but boy does my back hurt sometimes.
Last PSA .3, so something is working.
How you can go from normal to ohmygod in 3 months is beyond me.
Dave....gone by invitation

gregj410
Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:43 am

How you can go from normal to ohmygod in 3 months is beyond me.


Right but who cares, just go with it. There’s a god in heaven! Well I’m glad your well Dave but I don’t want to upset the nice 2 rail people who will say this thread should be over in the hate filled Club car lounge. :lol:

User avatar
ScaleCraft
Posts: 6693
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:44 pm

gregj410 wrote:
How you can go from normal to ohmygod in 3 months is beyond me.


Right but who cares, just go with it. There’s a god in heaven! Well I’m glad your well Dave but I don’t want to upset the nice 2 rail people who will say this thread should be over in the hate filled Club car lounge. :lol:

That's why I titled it NOT model railroad related!
Must exhibit reading with comprehension?
Dave....gone by invitation

bob turner
Posts: 13649
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: NOT model railroad related

Postby bob turner » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:12 pm

I care - you are too young for this. Leave it to we octogenarians, who may die of old age before the big C gets us.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sleepmac and 86 guests