LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby bob turner » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:23 am

That screen is plain old window screen, apparently from one of Jan's Avon Lake house's windows.

It will look better with your decals! You can see how I lost the lower part of the DE in dependable transportation.
It exceeded my wildest expectations, I hate doing handrails, but these went on easy. Maybe I should do my E44, which really is powered?

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby up148 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:03 pm

You can see how I lost the lower part of the DE in dependable transportation.


I have more if you want them........your call.

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby Chris Webster » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:54 pm

FWIW, an OMI U50D is now available at brasstrains dot com:
O BRASS MODEL - OMI 0585.1 UP UNION PACIFIC U50D #32 - F/P - 1996 RUN - AJIN - HARD TO FIND!
They must think that 'D' is short for Damn, that's a lotta money... :D

User avatar
De Bruin
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby De Bruin » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 pm

A lot o' money indeed; according to Pinkepank's DSG it's a U50* as its paired B trucks on floating bolsters on both frame ends is not consistent with the Universal series model, as in a "D" truck is unique to EMD's DD series in modern nomenclature and not the truck set(s) these primordial super-hood units road on.

Thanks for the link too Chris, I have not paid attention to the "stupid" money (borrowing from Sarge here) people are paying for "high altitude" OMI's, Key etc.

Whew, makes me dizzy....

On a different note, brass freight cars appear to be deflating price wise, at least this month and especially if they're mil-gons.
:D
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby E7 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:22 am

Chris Webster wrote:FWIW, an OMI U50D is now available at brasstrains dot com:HARD-TO-FIND-]O BRASS MODEL - OMI 0585.1 UP UNION PACIFIC U50D #32 - F/P - 1996 RUN - AJIN - HARD TO FIND![/url]
They must think that 'D' is short for Damn, that's a lotta money... :D


Harder to pay for. Pretty safe bet that one isn't going anywhere soon!

up148
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby up148 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:05 am

Totally agree on price. That's at least a grand higher than any I've ever seen one offered for sale. Most I've seen sell go in the $2000-2500 range and that's a lot IMHO.

But, we're experiencing some of the highest prices on "rare or fairly rare" items in the last several months, that I've seen in decades. Trainbud and Cantor seem to be leading the party on EB and BT has always been high......but they have a worldwide following and some apparently satisfied collectors.

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby E7 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:04 pm

I don't look at Feebay much these days since they totally screwed up the train listings, but as I recall "Trainbud" was always silly with his prices, and Canter once was fairly reasonable (no mas). With nothing much being imported, some sellers have figured that they are the only game in town (the old law of supply and demand). Not much eye appeal in that big diesel (all the styling of a rectangular solid). It will be interesting to see how long it sits on the BT site! All opinion.

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby Chris Webster » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:16 pm

E7 wrote:I don't look at Feebay much these days since they totally screwed up the train listings, but as I recall "Trainbud" was always silly with his prices

"Trainbud" is flipping stuff he/she/they bought from Stout Auctions.

bob turner
Posts: 13648
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby bob turner » Tue May 02, 2023 11:55 pm

My friend Rob has allowed me to post these:

Image

Image

He promises more photos, and I believe he now has posting privileges here - there is a back story. Tacking this on the U50 thread, because the wheel arrangement is identical. Wish I could do brass like this!

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby E7 » Thu May 04, 2023 1:09 pm

Looks pretty striking, with a sharpness or crispness of form not seen in a lot of models!

Chris Webster
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby Chris Webster » Wed May 17, 2023 5:02 pm

Brasstrains just posted another OMI U50D, so I hurried to MTJ to bump this thread only to see that the thread was already on the first page... :D

E7
Posts: 8398
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:35 am

Re: LWS/ Penn-Erie U50 in pewter

Postby E7 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:18 pm

Chris Webster wrote:Brasstrains just posted another OMI U50D


Streamlining by a box designer.


Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests