March Show April
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: March Show April
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: March Show April
Well, the controversy fizzled. It looks like MMW has a lot of models in inventory, somewhere near completion. Maybe Erik is like me - does a lot of stuff, but never quite completes a project.
I note that VGN took some really good photos - my last post repeats (with apologies) one of his photos showing SP Mountain and Mike in bare brass in what looks like contest format. I would love to know a bit more about these models - there are some things that scream "scratch built" by a master builder. I have done Mikes and Mountains, and pretty good ones at that, but none this good.
I note that VGN took some really good photos - my last post repeats (with apologies) one of his photos showing SP Mountain and Mike in bare brass in what looks like contest format. I would love to know a bit more about these models - there are some things that scream "scratch built" by a master builder. I have done Mikes and Mountains, and pretty good ones at that, but none this good.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: March Show April
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: March Show April
Maybe. NW2124 seems to have packed his bags, but VGN stands ready to defend. Probably the skeptics got tired of being beat up.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: March Show April
I've seen far too many of these schemes over the decades.
I determined probably 25 years ago NEVER to lay money out for a pre-order.
Too much crookedness.
You really think after all this time AND changing factories there is enough money left to produce and ship the items you laid money out for?
Or the next step, either pay more or lose you previous deposits, as "the other guy" did, if I recall correctly.
Some folks just get in way over their heads and have no idea ho to get out.
There was a guy who made really nice Shays maybe 30 years ago in #1 gauge. Showed the models, took orders and money, and there was no way in his spare bedroom he could ever produce the amount of engines he promised.
I recall postal authorities got involved, charges filed, but there was no money to return.
And we watch.....and the process just keeps repeating.
I determined probably 25 years ago NEVER to lay money out for a pre-order.
Too much crookedness.
You really think after all this time AND changing factories there is enough money left to produce and ship the items you laid money out for?
Or the next step, either pay more or lose you previous deposits, as "the other guy" did, if I recall correctly.
Some folks just get in way over their heads and have no idea ho to get out.
There was a guy who made really nice Shays maybe 30 years ago in #1 gauge. Showed the models, took orders and money, and there was no way in his spare bedroom he could ever produce the amount of engines he promised.
I recall postal authorities got involved, charges filed, but there was no money to return.
And we watch.....and the process just keeps repeating.
Dave....gone by invitation
Re: March Show April
ScaleCraft wrote:The only one in work is a Pennsy gon with containers, and no idea where it is in the scheme of "things"
It was finished several (3 or more) years ago. It has been out there long enough that some have made it to the secondary market.
Say what you willo about Kohs, but he has delivered multiple projects.
It's my personal opinion that anytime you put down money on a project to be built, (and why I DON'T do so) it's a crap shoot
I
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: March Show April
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: March Show April
I’m surprised nobody has clocked him. .
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: March Show April
.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 95 guests