I saw this on EB this morning and it's really pretty cool....even thought about bidding on it just because it is. Looks European and no idea the gauge. Finally, an estate seller who doesn't shoot for the moon with his listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185052248509?h ... Sw1~NhQfsE
What is this on EB?
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: What is this on EB?
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
Re: What is this on EB?
Agree the starting price is reasonable.
I like these IMP JNR electrics though note the prototypes are 42" gauge,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meitetsu_DeKi_300
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/97342/
to me they bear a superficial resemblance to the IC and CSS&SB BLW's from the late 1920's
http://www.newdavesrailpix.com/ic/htm/usr_h_ic_misc_frt_10003_donross_026.htm
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cssb/cssb0900jpa.jpg
I like these IMP JNR electrics though note the prototypes are 42" gauge,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meitetsu_DeKi_300
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/97342/
to me they bear a superficial resemblance to the IC and CSS&SB BLW's from the late 1920's
http://www.newdavesrailpix.com/ic/htm/usr_h_ic_misc_frt_10003_donross_026.htm
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cssb/cssb0900jpa.jpg
Political Consultant- Tap into the hidden powers of your public office, insure your future is jail free, well funded. Visit shock and awe upon your adversaries, dominate the media, thrill your followers. contact morbo@happydaysrhereagain.com
Re: What is this on EB?
Still pretty cool looking set-up. Didn't realize the loco was IMP. I have enough odd ball items, so I won't be bidding.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: What is this on EB?
I have two of them. Very well built, and I always thought they were US prototype, as in South Shore or Sacramento Northern. Very reasonable, except shipping. I know shipping has gone sky high, but there are ways to control it.
- R.K. Maroon
- Posts: 3136
- Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm
Re: What is this on EB?
Here is a nice version of the IMP model as finished by John FIsher in the as-delivered South Shore paint scheme:

I am guessing John choose this early scheme for this unit for variety, as he also finished an OMI version of the Baldwin switcher in the CSS&SB orange and maroon (Sorry I don't have a better photo of this one):

They both look pretty good to me. I'd need to see them side-by-side for a better comparison, but It doesn't seem to me that the IMP has much to apologize for, especially as a value proposition.
Jim

I am guessing John choose this early scheme for this unit for variety, as he also finished an OMI version of the Baldwin switcher in the CSS&SB orange and maroon (Sorry I don't have a better photo of this one):

They both look pretty good to me. I'd need to see them side-by-side for a better comparison, but It doesn't seem to me that the IMP has much to apologize for, especially as a value proposition.
Jim
The link below any photo will display the image full size
Re: What is this on EB?
Nice looking models for sure.
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: What is this on EB?
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
-
bob turner
- Posts: 13647
- Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Re: What is this on EB?
Looking for an eBay thread to post this useless observation:
Believe it or not, there is a dummy Atlas F9 available for a mere $200 this week only.
But best of all, somebody found a Lionel 701 switcher with 717 caboose and matching hopper and tank cars - and stopped just short of unscrewing everything and selling parts! Even the tender is a separate auction.
But it provides me with data points for my 700 series freight cars -
Believe it or not, there is a dummy Atlas F9 available for a mere $200 this week only.
But best of all, somebody found a Lionel 701 switcher with 717 caboose and matching hopper and tank cars - and stopped just short of unscrewing everything and selling parts! Even the tender is a separate auction.
But it provides me with data points for my 700 series freight cars -
- Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 42164
- Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: To be Determined
Re: What is this on EB?
.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
- ScaleCraft
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm
Re: What is this on EB?
R.K. Maroon wrote:Here is a nice version of the IMP model as finished by John FIsher in the as-delivered South Shore paint scheme:
I am guessing John choose this early scheme for this unit for variety, as he also finished an OMI version of the Baldwin switcher in the CSS&SB orange and maroon (Sorry I don't have a better photo of this one):
They both look pretty good to me. I'd need to see them side-by-side for a better comparison, but It doesn't seem to me that the IMP has much to apologize for, especially as a value proposition.
Jim
Are we certain those two are same year/make/model?
So many things different.
Looks like height of frame rails, headlights, what one can see of roof details, sideframes, underbody detail, handrails, end steps, cowcatchers, short hood louvers, even visible frame bolster screws through main frame.
Could be, eye guess.....
Dave....gone by invitation
Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests
